[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Unofficial Pie Build for Samsung Galaxy S7 edge (hero2lte) -- new version June24

Download rom

roomservice.xml and some build information are also in that folder.

build seems working. Quick&dirty test was done by @archje.

Have fun
EDIT June24th: New version available

3 Likes

In a :de: German - :austria: Austrian cooperation, the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - “hero2lte” was successfully migrated to /e/ OS e-0.9-pie. Included are the security patches 5 May 2020.

Based on this, with a test phase involving as many interested /e/ users as possible, it should now be possible to generate an official /e/ OS ROM 9-pie-herolte from it.

salutehutziehen Brava! Bravo! Bravi! @harvey186,

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the work. Is it possible for me as standard user to install it without spending hours in learning to use the shell? Is there a more detailed guide on the first two steps from the readme (repo sync & the SM-G93XX.sh script)?
I managed to install the official Version of /e/ so i can do something, but I really dont know where to start here. I spent 3h trying to install repo but it didnt work so far and I have no idea what it does… ;-(

use this way [HOWTO] build eOS in old fashioned way with breakfast -- now with interactive script

the needed roomservice-xml (manifest.xml) you can find here Place for manifest.xml samples

1 Like

That is fantastic ! I would be super, super interested in a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge (zeroltexx) Pie build. Of course, I would gladly test it thoroughly and give detailed feedback.

Finally, I really would like to learn to build like you do, so could you please point me to learning material so I can contribute to /e/ someday ?

Danke sehr :smile:

From crDroidAndroid there are ROMs based on LineageOS 15.1 and 16.0. Here is the CrDroid Android Pie local manifest.

1 Like

I tried to “update” to the newer version today and failed. My personal experience was, that the Samsung-Bootscreen showed much longer than usual and after that the screen turned black with the touchbuttons(name?) lighting up and vibrating when touched. After several reboots and waitingtime i somehow managed to see the Startup-dialog, but it also crashed(reboot) after 3-4 pages.
I wiped the storage and reinstalled (also redownloaded) the newer build and to make sure I’m not doing anything wrong also the older version, but this one works with no problems.
Any ideas?

I managed to create an unofficial Q-build for the hero2lte.
This one is based on the latest LineageOS sources and TheMuppets-vendor.
I want to thank @davking for his time to test the builds.
Nevertheless, flash safe and clean. Backup your data and enjoy the build.