[CUSTOM BUILD] /e/-oreo for Xiaomi Mi 4c (libra)

/e/-oreo custom build for Xiaomi Mi 4c (libra)
e-0.9-o-20200616-CUSTOM-libra.zip

Following packages were removed in order to fit in system partition :
prebuiltapks/Browser
prebuiltapks/LibreOfficeViewer
prebuiltapks/MagicEarth
packages/apps/Updater
and some wallpapers

Thanks to WJXXBSH device kernel vendor

I have been able to successfully build pie version but it leads to boot loop. So no /e/ pie from me for now. Still working on it.

1 Like

Itā€™s nice! I own Mi4c and can tell that it is still quite fine to be supported.

Do you know my minimal eOS build script?

Yes, thanks, iā€™ve had a look at it while trying to build pie version which i still cant manage to have working so far.
Then I ran into the same issue with oreo build, had to remove some package to make it fit system partition and this one seems to work fine

I updated the first post.
I made the build again with as many apps as possible that could fit in system partition

/e/-oreo custom build for Xiaomi Mi 4c (libra)
e-0.9-o-20200616-CUSTOM-libra.zip

Following packages were removed in order to fit in system partition :
prebuiltapks/Browser
prebuiltapks/LibreOfficeViewer
prebuiltapks/MagicEarth
packages/apps/Updater
and some wallpapers

Thanks to WJXXBSH device kernel vendor

By the way, even tough this is my main and only phone and i havent had issues with it, i cannot test data, so if someone can confirm it works that would be great. It should, but iā€™d like to be sure.

1 Like

Hello Blaes,

Please let me know if everything else except those removed applications work fine like at least whole hardware, etc. ?

Iā€™m using Mi4c and it seems that there are some major bugs and one of the reasons seem to be Android Nougat, so Iā€™m hoping that maybe your ROM could solve some of them.

By the way if I will decide to use your ROM and find some bugs, may I contact you regarding it?

Cheers,

Hello @cooky,
as i mentioned, this is my main and only phone and this is the rom iā€™m using on it.
it seems phone encryption doesnt work, it never ends. i dont know if this is related to this build or to oreo

Other than that, I havent had issues with it. One thing though, i cannot test data, so i dont know if it works as expected.
Anyway, i ve disabled most of the apps, and use my phone only for calls, as alarm clock and osmand as a gps when i hike / ride. Thatā€™s pretty much it.

If you are unsure, as usual, do a backup on twrp before trying it, to be safe, in case itā€™s not satisfaying for you.
And sure, feel free to send me a message or to post here if there are any issues. My usage is quite limited, if the build doesnt work well enough for more intensive usage, better to know it.

I didnt have issues on lineage 14.1 / eOS nougat, except the big cores staying always off

Hi @blaes,

Thanks for your response! This is my main phone, as well and Iā€™m really happy that it works fine regarding itā€™s hardware. Iā€™ve changed a battery and itā€™s pretty decent device. Iā€™m using different functions of the phone than you. I use it for my mail, weather, alarm and a bit for exploring internet, sometimes I watch some videos, so I would love to have full potential of this device.
I have used it for a very long time with Miui 10.1 from MIUI.eu I deleted finddevice service and switched off cloud from Xiaomi, but there is pretty much bloatware from Xiaomi which connects to the internet so I had to use Firewall and be a guest of my own phone instead of being a host of it. So I decided to change the ROM, otherwise it worked really great. I could even update system application from MIUI 11 like alarm clock or Scanner or so and it worked well, too.

Have you tried Mokee or some ROMs from Developer called Kenga?

Here are some links :slight_smile:

https://download.mokeedev.com/libra.html

Iā€™m just wondering if itā€™s possible to merge other ROM with /e/ or get working base from other ROM and put rest from /e/, but Iā€™m not programmer, though.

I bought this phone 3 years+ ago, changed the battery also recently and i plan to keep using it for the next years as it is powerful enough for my usage.

I saw Kengaā€™s roms on XDA forum, but he switched version way too often and didnt keep them up to date. So i never tried them.

Mokee, i know, iā€™ve been using it for more than a year, it worked well for me. I tried to use their device kernel vendor repositories on /e/ pie version and spent a lot of time on it, but itā€™s heavily and deeply modified and i couldnt get it to work so far.

WJXXBSH has been doing some great work also, but he only provides lineage 17.1, which iā€™m not interested in, and i havent been able to replicate what he did to build lineage 16.0 either.

Thanks for your links. I have the same impression as you regarding this device. This device is enough for me when weā€™re talking about hardware. What I expect is smooth software which will use this hardware. What I realized is the battery which was fast draining on the stock ROM, with /e/ is not much better. I use Mobile data or WiFi only when needed and I put battery profile to the lowest to save battery and it doesnā€™tt really help. Nevermind. @Manoj mentioned that support for Libra might end by the end of 2020. They havenā€™t decided, yet. Lineage has finished official support for this device and itā€™s Android 7 which doesnā€™t have any security updates from vendor or so. Itā€™s good to find any working ROM on Android 9 or 10 so I sent him my findings.

I like this /e/ ROM and the whole idea, so I hope that this phone will be still alive. I read one comment on other forum, someone said that this phone has already seven live, cause itā€™s still supported unofficially :-)))

e-0.9-o-20200723-CUSTOM-libra.zip

Iā€™m testing your build right now. Youā€™ve asked if mobile data works, if Iā€™m correct. I confirm itā€™s working fine :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pretty annoying is that when I want to turn on or off wifi or mobile data from quick menu. I have to confirm that ā€œinterface wants to turn off/on wifiā€. I donā€™t know how to turn it off?
I would like to tap on wifi in quick menu and it should turn on or off wifi instantly.