[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Google Pixel 2 / 2 XL (walleye / taimen)

Download: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1hD2sitpUkYV4WgRv9y89WwmxqILp2Rfo

1. Download the latest supported /e/ build and TWRP image.
  2. Reboot to bootloader
  3. Wipe userdata (fastboot erase userdata)
  4. Fastboot into TWRP recovery
  5. Flash the latest build of /e/
  6. Reboot to system

Built with the latest lineage-16.0 branches.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

2 Likes

Hi Eamo5,

thank you! I would love to test it.
Is there a possibility to upload the compressed image(s) and not the payload.bin? It turns out to be very painful to deal with the payload.bin on macā€¦I wasted several hours without success (not knowing about Python, ASCII, etc.).
Thanks for your help!

Sure, would you mind telling me if you are using a walleye or taimen device?

Pixel 2 / 2 XL (taimen/walleye) is coming soon with LOS 17.1

Yes Iā€™m the developer behind the 16.0 and 17.1 bringups for Pixel 2

Great. Iā€™m using a taimen. Thanks!

Hi,

Check the taimen folder. There should be a zip with the extracted payload.bin images in the zip with -img appended to the end of it.

Do you think it is necessary to downgrade from StockROM Android 10 to StockROM Android 9.0 before installing e-0.11-p-20200829-UNOFFICIAL-taimen?

No, these builds already include the latest Pie firmware. You should be able to downgrade directly to Pie following the steps listed above.

First LineageOS 17.1 build for ā€˜taimenā€™ was released: lineage-17.1-20200910-nightly-taimen-signed.

And Googleā€™s stock Android 11 with Google Play system update 1.9.2020 and Android security update September 5, 2020 is also upgradeable for ā€˜taimenā€™.

It seems that time is passing faster and fasterā€¦

Iā€™ve uploaded some prerelease unofficial Q builds to the gdrive folder. Only real issue Iā€™ve noticed is the AOSP contacts apk crashing. Everything else appears to be fine. My builds include the latest Android 10 firmware so need to flash stock. Enjoy!

Is it enough to wipe Dalvik/Art Cache, system and data if you downgrade? I also recommend anyone trying this to use an OTG cable. Since for me ADB sideload didnt work.

Hey Eamo5!
Thank you for all the work you put into this project!

Which stock OS/bootloader/TWRP versions are verified to work?
My taimen is currently on the latest stock Android 11 and I didnā€™t figure out a way to get /e/ working.
Should I downgrade? And where to?

@Eamo5 thanks for making available these builds!

I am getting my parents Google Pixel 2s since this is the best BYOD their carrier will service. I want to get them on /e/OS and hope to update the /e/OS rom to the latest version.

Since I have Docker, I should be able to follow the /e/ instructions here and get the specific walleye code following LineageOS instructions here.

Iā€™ll give you all an update once the device actually come in.

Regards

New UNTESTED build for walleye : e-0.20-q-20211207-UNOFFICIAL-walleye.zip | by smu44 for Pixel 2

Build command :

docker run \
-v "/srv/e/src:/srv/src" \
-v "/srv/e/zips:/srv/zips" \
-v "/srv/e/logs:/srv/logs" \
-v "/srv/e/ccache:/srv/ccache" \
-e "BRANCH_NAME=v1-q" \
-e "DEVICE_LIST=walleye" \
-e "REPO=https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/os/releases.git" \
registry.gitlab.e.foundation:5000/e/os/docker-lineage-cicd:community
1 Like

UNTESTED e-0.23-q UNOFFICIAL build for walleye: e-0.23-q-20220317-UNOFFICIAL-walleye ā€“ GoogleĀ Drive

Thanks @smu44 for the build command. Finally got the build to work after four tries. I believe my issues were:

1. Did not extract proprietary blobs properly. (There is another directory referenced in the README of where to actually run the extract-files.sh script)
  2. Did not have swap available. (I believe this is tied to the error: FAILED: out/soong/.intermediates/frameworks/base/system-api-stubs-docs/android_common/system-api-stubs-docs-stubs.srcjar which occured at 97%)

I have uploaded the logs in the shared folder linked. I would be curious if not having a swap available was the reason for the stated error. I used Ubuntu 20.04, doing the build on an EXT4 filesystem with 16GB of ram and 16GB of swap, of which <1GB of swap was used.

It ended up using a little over 200GB of space and took two and a half hours.

Please can you provide a link or quote? Thanks

Nice ! :slight_smile:

Unfortunately I canā€™t try it, I donā€™t own this device.

Iā€™m surprised you had to extract blobs. I never had to, using Docker method ā€¦

No ā€œout of memoryā€ messages on your logs ā€¦ If this happens again, it may worth the try to re-launch without adding swap (you may have encountered a bug here).

BTW, storing your files in a Google Drive may not be very welcome here :wink:
You may try to create an account at AndroidFileHost for example.

1 Like

The README in /srv/e/src/Q/device/google/walleye states:

Nothing is really here. The walleye device tree files are in device/google/muskie.

And when I run sudo ./extract-files.sh I get Input file ./lineage-proprietary-files.txt does not exist!. So I try again in the muskie directory, and it appears as though the proprietary files are extracted. I donā€™t remember if they were already there before or not however, so maybe it is an unnecessary step.

1 Like