[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Sony Xperia M (nicki)

Device info https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/nicki
Rom https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=300837

Please Note: This is an Untested build. Please try at your own risk.

Here’s an up-to-date build.
Untested. Use at your own risk
e-0.9-n-20200716-UNOFFICIAL-nicki.zip

Here’s a new unofficial, untested build containing the changes for v0.10-nougat. Use at your own risk

1 Like

Testing it right now. Thanks ! :smiley:

Here’s a new build based on the v0.12-nougat tag which appeared yesterday :slight_smile: It s untested. As always, use at your own risk

e-0.11-n-20201001-UNOFFICIAL-nicki.zip

1 Like

Thanks ! It did take a while to install and boot, but everything seems fine so far. :smiley:

1 Like

Here’s a new build based on the v0.13-nougat tag. It’s untested - I haven’t even flashed it on a device yet. As always, use at your own risk
Note that the version of microG installed does not include the Exposure Notifications API. The Exposure Notifications API can be installed from ‘Apps’, as described in this post

1 Like

I just flashed it and booted it without any problem.

A quick 10-minutes test found no issue whatsever, though I only connected to wifi, installed an app with F-Droid, quickly checked microG settings and weather app, and that’s all.

Thanks @petefoth ! :wink:

1 Like

Also, USB tethering works fine too. :slight_smile:

Here’s a new build based on the v0.15-nougat tag. It’s untested. As always, use at your own risk.

1 Like

I’ve dirty flashed it over the previous 0.13 version just now. I’ve had to reinstall Magisk but YMMV.

Wifi works, USB thethering works, microG seems okay… Once again, good job @petefoth and thank you ! :smiley:

1 Like

FYI, my Xperia M’s SIM reader is damaged, so I cannot test calls/SMS/mobile data/etc.

1 Like

Here’s a new build based on the v0.16.2-nougat tag. It’s untested. As always, use at your own risk

Release notes for v0.16-nougat are here

1 Like

Unsurprisingly, dirty flashing this version went without any problem whatsoever. :slight_smile:
It did feel slow but I guess it’s because I’m used to faster devices.

Good work (as usual) @petefoth ! :+1:

@petefoth
Hello Pete, are you gonna build an update for this device ? I’m going to sell mine very soon and would like my buyer to be able to experience the latest /e/ OS version available. :slight_smile:

Hi. My usual tactic is to make unofficial builds for these Sony devices sometime after the official builds are tested and released. Currently the v0.17 release is undergoing testing, but there are some problems so it may be a little while before that happens. Until then v0.16 is the latest available

1 Like

Thanks for you fast reply ! I’ll let my buyer know about the delay 'til the next update.

Here’s a new build based on the v0.17.1-nougat tag. It’s untested. As always, use at your own risk

Release notes for v0.17-nougat are here

• Xperia M nicki

The functionality to enable Exposure Notifications in MicroG does not work. If you want / need to enable this, then please install this .apk file https://ecloud.global/s/WGf4kCnnSeaKixT

1 Like

Here’s a new build based on the v0.18-nougat tag. It’s untested. As always, use at your own risk

Release notes for v0.18-nougat are here

• Xperia M nicki
1 Like

Though I don’t own this device anymore, I’m glad that you keep building for it. Thanks @petefoth !

1 Like