A new brand name for /e/OS - Murena

So from now on I have a Murena phone. I like that. <3 :slight_smile:

sorry, but in my opinion you haven’t changed anything except the names of the smartphones you sell.
so a pure advertising- and capitalization measure

I am already curious about the premium cloud plans…

Big announcement after a long time, but in the end there is really nothing behind it, if you think about it a bit longer.
Above all, it is the OS that should go viral around the world. Not the smartphones that you can buy in the store.
In the end, these are only a handful of devices compared to the many others that are supported. No one will ever talk about Murena. It will always stay with /e/ or /e/OS in the big mass and in the community.
In the end, for me, a pure air number. Much wind about nothing…

BUT, I also like to be taught better. Let’s just wait a year and see what comes, or not… :wink:

2 Likes

Same thing in French, kind of fish (and not the most beautiful fish haha)

1 Like

Can you post the new logo?

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffsb&q=murena&iax=images&ia=images

2 Likes

So, they did what they announced they would be doing? How dare they :slight_smile:

It would seem that they see that differently.

Indeed, let’s just do that.

As for the name … so far we have comic books, fish, and a car …

4 Likes

Well, I first thought the same, but after a second thought I realized that it is the same for Apple devices for instance : everybody names it an “iPhone”, not an “iOS Phone”…

Let’s wait and see, wishing the best to Murena :slight_smile:

1 Like

But IOS is just available for only one Device… :wink:

This means that there going to be 2 names?
Abrand name “murena” (name combined for all products and services which will be used for marketing purposes) and a separate name for the OS (/e/OS or “the new name”).

In my opinion it’s a good move because it indicates that efoundation would not only be selling smart phones but some other products as well. For example, in future they might be selling cars but it would be odd to call “/e/OS car” but a “murena car” would be promising.

1 Like

If somebody would ask me, i would give the answer:
I have a fairphone with eOS, but not a Murena phone…

1 Like

That would be my answer too for the time being. But if they come up with their own hardware, would you still mention fairphone?

1 Like

Own hardware, thats different.

1 Like

If it was their own hardware it should be named as they wish.

The downside that jumped out at me was the eshop advertising a Murena Galaxy. As a potential buyer I would then have to find out in what way it was not a Samsung. The benefit of a Samsung is the attractive hardware and build quality. I do not discount that Samsung made contributions to Linux. They have agreements forcing them to adopt bad paths in software but the “rebranding” might well be quite negative to them.

Samsung Galaxy from Murena - no issues.

1 Like

Can esolutions legally sale Samsung or Fairphone devices, rebranded as Murena, without mention of the original manufacturer ?
Especially for Samsung, don’t they need an agreement to do this?

@Manoj, i think it would be better to extract your announcement and all following replies into a new standalone topic. I think it’s clear this is important enough to warrant a new topic with the announcement as the first post.

1 Like

I was hoping to close this thread in a couple of days. The point was we needed a brand name. That part is complete now. This effectively closes the subject.
Now we can focus on topics that are more important like making the OS stable and reducing the number of bugs :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thanks for responding.

EDIT: I admit I only just noticed there has already been a standalone topic started by a user, so my request is unnecessary anyway. As always, I should pay more attention to the wise @AnotherElk :wink:

Yes, I think this should be a priority :+1:

3 Likes

I love the new name, and how it ties back to the old name eelo (murena/moray is a type of eel).

3 Likes

OK, then they should also have introduced a new cool logo with the beast on it at the same time. If you have a moray in the pocket it must be cool, not slimy.