[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] A Pi/e/ test ROM for the FP2

yeah… did want to do some builds lately … but some failed / the device is not booting due to the mentioned issue… will be on the road, so the next OTA update for my unofficial builds will not be available before end of september (and then of course also only if it works by then…)

1 Like

Apparently the fix patch has been merged, i will try and build later rhis day :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve created a build and it works fine. :grinning:

2 Likes

great to hear that :slight_smile:

Lineage 16 and LOS16+microg builds were release yesterday/today… however I don’t get any OTA updates with the build of @Unknown… is it possible to change to some other unofficial builds?

I dont have this device, so im not interested in regular updating this build, you know, i prefer build at least one rom for a device to cover larger number of supported devices, but if it so important for you ill try to build new fp2 pie rom, but im not promise anything, and after this build there is no reguluar updates, if you want regular updates you better read this Fastest and easiest guide for building unofficial /e/ rom

1 Like

sorry if you felt offended! didn’t want that! Just thought that maybe it’s not longer maintained.

your build worked brilliant till now! Thank you for that! Without, I probably wouldn’t have changed from LOS to /e/.
The question arrose just because somehow in the past month there were also always automatic updates when I saw new updates for LOS(+microg) for fairphone. So I was used to… So again sorry and thank you a lot for your efforts!

Maybe i can try building over night today, also theres other people who built newer versions, but with all of these unofficial builds you will not get ota updates…

No, im not, i just not have time for this building roms stuff.

search here with your device codename Unofficial /e/ Builds for Lineage Supported Phones

2 Likes

Thank you so much!!!

well, I’ve been providing unofficials with OTA and will provide an update around the end of september, when I’m back …
the latest build of mine is: https://ota.joameyer.de/LineageOTA/builds/full/e-0.7-p-20190822-UNOFFICIAL-FP2.zip

you should be able to install it on top of any other /e/-build.
but maybe you might want to wait until it is updated again :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Last update from yesterday (with OTA): e-0.7-p-20190923-UNOFFICIAL-FP2.zip

edit: fixed link…

2 Likes

Dear fodinabor,

Thanks for your update! I just installed it. However I still get a security warning when booting saying that the built is signed with public keys. Do you know how to remove that??

rebuilding with private keys now… will test for my self first, don’t know all implications of it, tough… (like encryption and updating to official /e/ builds some day, that are signed with different keys)

edit: using private keys breaks the OTA from the old builds to the new one, as they check whether they used the same build…
@Leon, @ff2u: I guess you two use the OTA? would you be fine, if I’d continue building with the private keys, i.e. you’ll have to flash a new build once, to be able to use the OTA again?

Thanks for asking and for offering the OTA updates!
Actually the last builds I’ve used I had built myself. So I currently wouldn’t worry.

1 Like

Thank you! I don’t know the implications either… do you anyway know why we get this security warning with public keys? It it worth the work that you need to put in? Or might we just wait for a official version?

If you build a new one, I don’t mind to flash the new build once.

I think this just prevents hijacking of the OTA, if I read that correctly:
https://source.android.com/devices/tech/ota/sign_builds#sign-ota-packages
i.e. only someone with the keys I’ve generated now is able to create a build, that the updater will accept for updating. this does not affect any other functionality. The update to someone else’s builds (like officials) usually has to be done via TWRP anyways…

So if you’d like to get a signed build from me, that disables that warning and ensures, that builds from my OTA server are created by me, please flash this file:
http://ota.joameyer.de/LineageOTA/builds/full/e-0.7-p-20191003-UNOFFICIAL-FP2.zip

3 Likes

Great!!! Thank you!!

1 Like