Advanced-Privacy: make location available to a single application

Dear all,
I was glad to see the arrival of “advanced privacy” on /e/os, yet I am facing an issue for which I found no solution:
I haven’t found a way to make my real location available to a given application while keeping it inaccessible to other applications. As it is possible for example for the IP address.
Can someone tell me if this is possible, and how to do it?

Thank you in advance
ltdm

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

5 Likes

I’m currently not using the hide my location feature at all because of this. I’d like to exclude my OSM application but fake it for all other apps. Feature Request :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello,
I’m in the same situation, I don’t use Advanced Privacy because you can’t choose which application you want to give the right location to.

I would like to have my real location with OSM and Nextrack, but not in the other applications.

Is it possible to have this feature?

Thanks.

I’m very happy Advanced Privacy was introduced with the new versions of the E os. But I sometimes want to use Magic earth for navigation and I have to turn advanced privacy of before I can use it. It would indeed be very nice if it were possible to be able to let specific apps bypass Advanced Privacy.

1 Like