App update notification, but all apps up to date?

Hi,

I’ve got a bit of a weird problem with my FP3 (Android 9, latest public release). Pretty much every day I get a notification from the app store that an update is available, but when I tap on the notification the store says that all apps are already updated.
Anyone got an idea what this is about?
Is there a way to find out which app the notification is about?

Cheers

If you have auto-update enabled the app is probably already done updating by the time you get there, so it won’t show as needing an update. I don’t know how to check what app was updated though.

Auto-update means I don’t have to trigger the update myself, right? If so, I don’t have that enabled, I have to at least hit the “update all” button.
Also wouldn’t that only make sense if it happened only once?
As I said, I get this every day, for the last approx. 20-30 days.

I’ve been getting notifications for daily updates too, but I just assumed I was too slow on the click. Maybe there’s actually a problem with the app store notifications. I’ll turn off auto-update and see if it still happens.

Hi. I experienced this only recently, seems after move some apps in blacklist not in eOS store (but in Aurora) Is it possible that the updater have different behaviour about these apps (notify but don’t list in the eOS store)?

I experience similar recently: Notification, tapping on it, nothing to update.
Wiered.

Hm, good point. It could indeed have something to do with apps from different stores. Although wouldn’t that mean that for one app you need to have an older version installed than what is listed (and blacklisted) in the /e/ store?

In any case: it would make tracking this down much easier if we knew a way to check the logs of the updater, which should list the update candidate?
Is there a way to access the logs?

In the event that you lose track of where apps have come from, this can be checked here:

Settings > Apps and notifications > See all apps > Scroll to app > Advanced > STORE

gives details of the source.

I have the suspicion that this is caused by the microg exposure notification app.

Last week, I installed an update and the above was gone at first.
After a few days I noticed that the Corona app didn’t work anymore claiming that there is no exposure notification, so I checked and found that it was no longer installed. Must have been removed during the update(?)
So I installed it again and ever since then the mysterious update notification showed up again on a daily basis.
Now I thought I’d test it for good and wanted to remove it only to notice that I can’t, because I can’t find it in the app list, not even if showing system processes, too (you see a couple more microg apps then, but not this one).
I went through the whole list twice, can’t find it.
Also can’t uninstall it through the store, since the store does not support listing and uninstalling apps (which IMO is a stupid thing, but that’s the way it is).
So unfortunately, I can’t test it properly. But if the app does not show up in the list, then maybe it makes sense that updates for this one can’t be installed?

Just want to add that microg exposure notifications is also the only app in the store for which I can’t open a details page (showing ratings, description etc.) by clicking on it.
Or at least the only one I could find so far.

To me that hints that this app is somehow bugged.

I have the suspicion that this is caused by the microg exposure notification app. (1)

• (1) I went through the Apps labeled issues and couldn’t find a match for your description - it was a nuisance to me as well, getting notified, but then seeing a number mismatch in available updates. Apps is getting a refactor so I wonder if the issue persists to be relevant, but could be worth to still file a bug ticket

Also can’t uninstall it through the store, since the store does not support listing and uninstalling apps (2)

I tried to get more info via adb logcat, but the only additional info that gave me is something like this:

I/UpdatesWorker: Checking for app updates
I/UpdatesWorker: 1 app updates found
I/UpdatesWorker: Ids of apps with pending updates written to file

Unfortunately, I have not been able to find out which file that may be…

Anyway, it might be indeed time to file a bug report on this.