Apps app: apps are downloading and updating automatically on 4G network

Device: Samsung S7
/e/OS version: 1.0

a notification just informed me that 3 of my apps are downloading and installing in the background
I’m on 4G (not WIFI) and my settings are set to “only update on un-metered networks” (check box checked)
Is it a bug? Can you fix it please?

1 Like

Same issue here with FP3 and latest /e/OS…

@Manoj we report it in Gitlab, as always?

Yes pl. The idea of reporting issues on gitlab is to gather logs and then share it with the developers. That is the best way to resolve bugs with builds.
When adding bugs to gitlab please try to be objective and to the point. Soem users add an overdose of sarcasm or wit in the bug reports, which does not exactly help in a development environment.
Pl note there are about 270+ devices on our supported list and thousands of users and again thousands of open issues. There are also 3000+ issues which are closed. The team has its hands full of work and may not drop everything and take up newly created issues.

hope this will do: Apps app: apps are downloading and updating automatically on 4G network (#5740) · Issues · e / Backlog · GitLab

@Wichtc91 there are some changes with /e/os 1.1 update that I downloaded yesterday: a notification is displaying the message “Waiting for un-metered network” but the problem now is that it is not downloading automatically at all (even when I’m on Wifi it is not downloading automatically). is it the same behavior on your FP3 with the 1.1 update?

A notification just popped up on my phone informing me that new apps were installing themselves, and indeed they did, without any action from my side. So, all is fine now.