Automatically unlock smartphone at home

I have a FP3 with /e/ 0.16 stable.

I am looking for a reliable way to unlock my FP3 at home and automatically lock it again when I leave. I can’t find a trigger in “Settings” → “System” → “System Profiles” under the profile settings to make location based profile changes.

What would also be ok would be a Bluetooth Beacon like iBeacon[1]. Does anyone know if that would work?

[1]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBeacon

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

I think it should, but it may become out of range if you have a big house :wink:
Don’t you have a home WiFi network ?

I am looking for a solution without wifi. :wink:

What do you mean by “I think it should, but it might get out of range if you have a big house”? Have you tried iBeacons before? I also listen to podcast through Bluetoth headphones, do they still work?

I friend of mine tried a iBeacon (don’t remember the brand) in this big house, with fat walls.
It appears that the beacon became rapidly out of range as he was moving in the house, and the phone couldn’t “see” it anymore.

I don’t know if your headphones will still work, this may be hardware-related. AFAIK some phones can only have one BT connection as the same time.

And does he do that with /e/? I know that it works in principle, but /e/ is special. What programs does he use for this? With “normal” Android there is “Smart Lock” from Google for this application.

I have flashed an ESP-32 as a BLE iBeacon and have not found a way in /e/ for it.

It might be a stock Android (maybe Samsung), maybe with a specific vendor app for the Beacon.
I’ll ask him when we’ll have the next beer :wink:

Thank you.

Does anyone else know a way?