Battery light (LED) notification for charge level

Is there a threshold definition, and/or configuration, for what is considered fully charged? I am referring to the setting in Apps & notifications > Notifications > Battery light > Fully charged.

The fully charged battery light notification seems to come on at 90% for me, which is misleading. I wondered if there is a feature for specifying a max charge level, eg. at 80% or 90%, but that is not the case or I did not find such a setting.

Side note: the light setting mentions “Always on” but it does not seem to be configurable to a different pattern such as pulsing or breathing?

Isn’t it something like the offset from 100% is the same as the one for the offset from 0% (which is the one chosen to trigger battery-safe mode)?

An issue is that the notification LED cannot be used for notifications while the battery is charging…

What does a fully charged indicator have to do with the threshold for turning on battery saver?

In any case, I checked, and the automatic battery saver level is 15%, but by default “Turn on automatically” is disabled, so battery saver is ON all the time on battery.

I hope that is considered a significant bug and will be fixed…

Just tested this on my Fairphone 3 with /e/OS preinstalled (version “/e/OS 0.11-2020083170821”):
When I plug in my USB charger, the FP3 LED lights in yellow color. When I receive a message (app “Conversations” in this test), the LED starts blinking between yellow and blue color.

So I would say, this issue is fixed in the current version.

2 Likes

Oh that’s possible! Thanks for the information, I think I haven’t noticed it as I disabled the LED for battery events as I now consider it as annoying light (I often charge the phone while I am sleeping, and I think that is what a lot of people do).

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.