Berechtigungsmanager

Hi,

I noticed that from time to time (every one ot two weeks) the rights to accesse files and media are reset to not allowed. Is there a way to permantely grant access to apps lik (fdroid, nextcloud, aurora)?

Its quite anoying because I do run backups of my pictures with nextcloud. But if nextcloud loos the access to the files it is not able to upload the pictures to my cloud.

eOS 1.6 runing on a FP4
My eOS is set to german so sorry if the terminology are not 100% correct.

Thanks

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Hi,

Go to Settings, Apps, one of the apps you listed, Permissions.
Do you see a “Remove permissions if app isn’t used” setting?

I did change that, in my opinion I already did change that. But I will monitor that, thank you.

It is writen, that it wil remove the permission after a couple of month if not used. I use nextcloud almost every day. So no sence of changing this seting automaticly.

Einstellungen - System - Sprachen und Eingabe - Sprache hinzufügen - English (Germany) … Den neuen Eintrag in der Sprachenliste dann antippen, festhalten und nach oben über Deutsch ziehen (das stellt dann alles auf Englisch um) … dann machen, was immer man auf Englisch machen will … dann Settings - System - Languages and input - Languages - Deutsch wieder an die erste Stelle ziehen, fertig :wink: .

For what it’s worth, I also had the problem that two or three apps lost their right to access files and media before the three-month period was over. I have not experienced the problem in the last couple of weeks, though. I will see whether the problem appears again.