Bliss Launcher does not change orientation

I post here instead of Gitlab because maybe it’s not a problem.

So that it’s: Bliss Launcher does not change orientation to landscape and always stays in portrait.
For someone, being able to change to landscape could not be useful, but it is when a notification is to long to read it completly in portrait. In this case and due to the incapacity of Bliss, user must go to an app that does change to landscape.

You could add a comment under this issue :

Is there a chance landscap mode gets fixed? On tablets its really missing…
I use 0.21 q on various devices.
Would be great!

1 Like

It may, but don’t hold your breath :slight_smile: I suggest installing a different launcher / home app (e.g. OpenLauncher) which already supports changing orientation

Shade Launcher is perfect for tablets :slight_smile:

@petefoth That would be genius, but surley I can breathe freely even if not :wink:

@smu44 Thanks for the hint, I tried it already. Has some compatibility issues with the preinstalled Trebuchet Launcher app, I have to deactivate it and then the task manager (or hows that function called in Android, when I tap the rectangle…) doesnt work anymore.
Not an issue for you?

Trebuchet in /e/ is not meant to be deactivated, and I didn’t :wink:

Please read here : Trebuchet present, but can't switch to it - #8 by smu44

Then it should be usable as home / launcher app, not disabled in the UI as it is at the moment. This needs to be raised as a bug. I’ll try to get round to that sometime today

Done:
https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/4872

I tried to use ZIM launcher which I kinda like but it shows weird behavior similar to Shade Launcher. Home screen just works in landscape mode and doesnt rotate at all, menu does rotate though.
History button doesnt work, Trebuchet warning shows up…