Bliss not starting after updating to /e/OS 0.7-2019111731019

I use /e/ on a oneplus one device. After I applied the /e/OS 0.7-2019111731019 update today, the Bliss launcher stopped working. After having entered the pin code, no icons are loaded. The spinning loading indicator never disappears.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue ?

Yes it has recently been a common issue.

Workaround

Go to settings (to do so, drag the top of the screen to the bottom and click on the settings logo), go to Applications, select Bliss Launcher, then Storage and clean cache and data.

4 Likes

That did it. The launcher is back again. Thanks a lot for your quick response.

Mgns

4 Likes

I had an interesting thing after the recent update: When the reboot was completed, immediately two messenger apps notified that there are updates available.

How are app updates dependent on OS updates?

How were you notified and by witch app ?
Because I doubt that messenger apps themselves notified you.

Not the apps, it was the e App store that sent those notifications. For both.

I don’t think it is due to the update itself. The update (so the reboot of the phone) has just started the Apps Store in order to search for updates, or something else.

But if you checked for new apps updates just before starting the update of the phone and there was no update then yes that’s weird.

Yes, it’s kind of weird. Only for those two apps, Wire and Signal, the store immediately showed the updates after reboot.

Just experienced the same problem today with the launcher. I didn’t try to update the OS though, it just happened like that. Without your help, I was lost. Thank you very much.

1 Like

Bliss launcher bug just happened to me…
The trick to make Bliss launcher go on is efficient,

Go to settings (to do so, drag the top of the screen to the bottom and click on the settings logo), go to Applications, select Bliss Launcher, then Storage and clean cache and data.

I wonder is there were a way to backup the organization of the apps on the screen, before the treatment of Bliss blocklauncher.
Everything is ordrered alphabetically now.
:face_with_head_bandage:

Thanks!

Thanks a lot, the workaround solved the problem.

1 Like