Bosch Garden of Earthly Delights VR App Hangs after splash

I was trying to run this app on /e/ I couldn’t find it except on the google Play so I copied the apk. It starts up and then hangs at a black screen. Maybe in-app purchases is causing it to fail? Maybe something more obvious?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.BDH.Bosch&hl=en&gl=US

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Or maybe I need Cardboard installed?

Maybe try to uninstall the .apk file and install and use Aurora Store instead? I bet it’s much safer and will keep all installed app from it’s store up to date…

thanks. do you know if it is on the aurora store? i couldn’t find it on the /e/ store or apkpure.

jv

Yes it is. All apps in Google Play Store can be found in Aurora Store.
It’s a fork of Google Play Store using a “fake” or “anonymous” account to Google…

1 Like

No, sorry. Thats not correct.
One example:
satellite app from sipgate.com is not available via aurora store.

1 Like

I didn’t see this one either. I did uninstall and use Aurora to install it but it didn’t help. Just before I had used Aurora to install Cardboard which did work fine except to add other cardboard apps from the google store.
So dunno, I may ask the app maker. It could be a Unity thing too as it is stuck on the Unity splash screen right after asking to access photos.

It is correct

That appears to be a geo-restricted app - presumably restricted to Germany. Geo-restricted apps are available in Aurora Store - you just have to jump through a few more hoops to install them. Details can be found by searching this forum.

As @stanwood says

You just have to look a bit harder for geo-restricted apps :wink:

1 Like