Can't log in with e-mail client

I’m unable to connect to my Murena.io e-mail address, regardless of what e-mail client I try (e.g. K-9, Thunderbird etc.). (However, I’m perfectly able to log into Rainloop on Murena.io.)

I tried with ***@e.email, ***@ecloud.global and ***@murena.io, as well as with an app password (since I’ve enabled 2FA) and my regular Murena.io password. Though, nothing worked, I always got the error “user name or password incorrect”.

Here’s my setup according to the docs:

IMAP:

• mail.ecloud.global
  • port 993
  • security: SSL/TLS
  • authentication method: plain password

SMTP:

• mail.ecloud.global
  • port 587
  • security: STARTTLS
  • authentication method: plain password

What do I have to do to use my Murena.io e-mail address with a custom e-mail client?

You can request a configuration file here: https://autodiscover.murena.io/, using your ***@e.email address.
Also, you may consider disabling temporarily 2FA during setup.

That’s weird, just tried and it worked fine :confused:
There may be something with your account, you better write to helpdesk@e.email.

I have exactly the same issue (with 3 different accounts) in Thunderbird. Only after disabling 2FA temporarily I got it working. Seems like the app password login has issues at the moment.

1 Like

Opened an issue on GitLab: Murena cloud: App passwords don't work (#6403) · Issues · e / Backlog · GitLab

Please see my comment in the ticket. This always worked this way, and it is documented. We are working on improving this.

1 Like