Can't login in Soundcloud

I do not know if this would be a good or best point of entry, but perhaps explore from here.

Plus ofc already mentioned [com.soundcloud.android] Recaptcha at Email Sign-in is not showing · Issue #1654 · microg/GmsCore · GitHub

I also contacted the support
Basically after some super random support advices, they asked me fill a bug report from within the app by tapping the screen long with two fingers. They also suggested that I switch to the beta program in google app store. Both impossible as I can’t login to the app and I don’t use a google account on my phone.

Here is what I told them in french :slight_smile:

Bonjour,

Le problème est que je n’arrive pas à connecter l’application Android à mon compte soundcloud. Quand je rentre mon identifiant et mon mot de passe, j’obtiens le message d’erreur “il semble qu’il y ait un problème”. Pourtant j’arrive à me connecter à mon compte sur soundcloud.com

Appuyer avec 2 doigts sur l’écran d’accueil ne me fait pas passer en beta. Je n’utilise ni Google ni Google Play, l’équipe technique peut me contacter par email. Mon téléphone est sous /e/OS, le problème est expliqué ici. Can't login in Soundcloud - #12 by jv34sofi
Si vous m’envoyez le fichier .apk de l’application beta je veux bien essayer.

Je paie pour ce service donc j’aimerais une App Soundcloud Android sans pub ET sans Trackers (12 trackers identifiés par Exodus Privacy). Au moins pour les abonnés à soundcloud GO+.

Si ces problèmes ne sont pas résolus dans les prochaines semaines je devrai résilier mon abonnement soundcloud. Merci de remonter ça aux développeurs et service client!

Cordialement.

Have you tried the “” NewPipe" client from “F-Droid” ?

yes, but I’m paying for Soundcloud and you can’t register in NewPipe. Thus I can’t access my playlist, and the paid content which is supposed to better remunerate artists…

I have the same probleme. I send a mail to soundcloud support… I’m thinking of stopping paying if they don’t fund anything

French
J’ai le même souci avec l’accplication Android Soundcloud et ça commence à furieusement m’énerver… je paye pour leur service depuis des années pour que finalement je ne l’utilise que très peu. Mais clairement s’ils ne fond pas d’effort pour être compatible avec des systèmes libres alternatifs pourquoi payer pour leur service alternatif ?

the recaptcha code path is no longer a dummy class(!) as ale5000 linked a commit that implements the whole of play-services recaptcha in the thread. Looking good for the next microG version (0.2.27+ or nightly now) to allow for soundcloud login and lots of other apps using that type of recaptcha (out of 3) - yet another feat by microg / marvin

2 Likes

Thats amazing!
So it will probably work in the future?

Thanks for all your help/investigation.
I have no idea how to do something like that!

Can’t you export the play list ?

Maybe, but still I can’t access to them offline.
And overall what I want is for this “said alternative platform” to understand that they have customers, keen to pay for fair artist payment, who care about privacy. And that we want a Google free client App, and if possible on F-Droid WITH same functionality as the one on Play Store.

Can you keep us updated when this will be available in /e/OS builds?

works for me™ with email+password login since the class was implemented. Now on microg 0.2.27.223616-1 (4ecd0d9f) in /e/ v1.7 (Q).

The github thread has a user on the same version who seems to have difficulty though, I asked for clarification if it’s one of the single-sign-on methods that fail, let’s see.

Not working for me sadly, i have the same microG Version but /e/1.8.1

do you use one of the “social” / single sign ons ? which Android Version?

No, normal E-Mail login.
And its Android 10

It’s not failing immediately, its trying to log in a few times and then putting out a fail message.

ok, with a v1.8.1-S (same microg version though) device I can see the recaptcha loops and updated the github issue. Looks like some fields for safetynet (gmsguard) can’t be accessed due to permissions, see the TelephonyPermissions lines it complains about.

Though if I use another device registration Profile (used “Real” but I guess others can work too) it went past the loop.

1 Like

Hi there, is there a solution for it already? I’m on eOS v1.8.1 (Android Q) and it does not work.

Hey @tcecyk can you please elaborate what this device reg profile is and how to set it up?!

The focus seems to have become slashEslashOS-1.8.1 but would like to also say same issue is happening on version slashEslashOS-1.9 Android 12 with same (latest) microg services 0.2.27.223616-1 (4ecd0d9f) mentioned above. Despite reloading data and confirming login on desktop, still in login loop. Perhaps worth note too is that there are several other apps I have that request a googly captcha and the captcha shows and works.

microG has a profile manager in: Settings → System → microG → Google device registration → Select Profile

If the Login didn’t work I switched temporarily to “Real”, made the Login, switched back.

1 Like

thanks. yes this information and the previous github issue you linked to give a lot of suggestions. i tried them and its not working. The only thing i have not tried is attaching a google account to the phone. but im using slashEslashOS specifically to avoid exactly that so i probably wont be able to try that. But i can confirm that attempting different profiles, real, native or some specific one, have not helped. But I also notice that the “Status: last registration: 2 hours ago” has not changed so i guess each of these changes has to wait for that to change before one knows if this method actually helps or not? so i guess ill wait a day