Choosing Phone for /e/OS: Good Battery & Small Screen

Hi,

I would appreciate recommendations on choosing a phone compatible with /e/OS. The main criteria are:

• A capable battery ( at least 3500 mAh, but 4000+ would be better)
  • A modestly-sized screen (preferably 5 inches although up to 6 would also work)
  • Troubleless compatibility with /e/OS.

I need a phone for taking notes, photographing, web browsing and occasional autonomous traveling. For example, right now I have a Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime - it is excellent but incompatible with /e/.

Thanks.

1 Like

Best would be to check the official device section, which can be filtered: https://doc.e.foundation/devices/

As for screen size, most modern devices have a bigger screen but aren’t bigger in size due to small bezels, so factor that in.

A OnePlus Nord (6.4") and a Galaxy S7 (5.1") for example are the exact same size, the Nord is just a bit longer.

So factor that in.

Sony Xperia Z5 Compact and Z3 Compact are good, small (4.6" screen) devices, officially supported by /e/

I see your point but Nord is still about 2 cm longer and a bigger screen drains the battery faster. I think it’s not just me but lots of people who don’t need more than 5.5 inches of screen space.

• 73.3 x 158.3 x 8.2 mm - Nord
  • 69.6 x 142.4 x 7.9 mm - S7

They are too old and with small batteries. But thanks for the reference.