Coming from LineageOS for microG

Sometimes users need an ‘eye opener’ and you can have a look into my profile. You will see that a lot if users are happy about my help and ‘eye opening’.

Edit: by the way, regarding your question I have answered, written a solution :wink:

1 Like

I agree 100 % and you will find several posts from me, where I’m ‘fighting’ again this, because it’s also against the e credo

1 Like

The intentions are simple. Have an honest discussion about /e/ and its capabilities. Since we have de-googling as one of our goals we do attract a lot of diverse viewpoints. As long as the viewpoints do not attack or abuse other users or team members the discussion is valid.

1 Like

I think it’s time for some more strict rules/moderation. The topic starter feels abused, because the topic is kidnapped. So when is it abuse? For me that would be the point the topic starter says so.

:wink:

I’d encourage you not to judge the whole forum by a few over-zealous loudmouths. :slight_smile:

I, for one, appreciate your input already because I didn’t know about that patched PS, and now I will be looking into this way of enabling a few paid apps I paid for and couldn’t use.

So, welcome, and you will hopefully find that there are open, knowledgeable and helpful community members here, too.

2 Likes

I misread the original post about it being patched play store, so my apologies and its good feedback you write. also thanks to @marcdw for clarifying it further. Speaking for me personally, I prefer not to use original play store, patched play store or even microg. I actively go out of my way to avoid any hint of google, app trackers etc etc. Though I’m more extreme in this regard than most people. However I still recommend /e/ over lineage+microg mainly for the points you make (Mainly Cloud feature and some further google removal by /e/ from base LOS) for less techy friends and family as its a good compromise to ease into the transition from google for them. (This post isn’t probably much help in hindsight)

2 Likes

@bege And sincerely the last thing anyone in the forum wants to do is to make someone feel unwelcome.Hope you will stick around cause we need this community to come together to increase the reach of /e/.

Thank you for the conciliatory, clarifying and encouraging posts.

2 Likes