CUSTOM BUILD - Android 10 (Q) eOS GSI

by the way, you can hide that message by pushing long on it. The wifi is working that’s what we want :slight_smile:

Given that only the minimal image works for me, how can I install all the default e apps? (Sorry, new to /e/)
In particular, how do I install the /e/ app store?

I only have an a-only device. So I can reproduce your issue. My a-only full version is working fine

Mail = k9
Account manager = DAVx5 from f-droid
Calendar = Etar from f-droid
Maps = MagicEarth from Aurora
Browser = Bromite from f-droid

But for calendar / Contacts / light / Gallery I prefer using Simple Mobil Tools from F-Droid

Aurora store is also available on f-droid

1 Like

Is there any way to get debug output or some log output when it sits there at the boot logo? I’m a sw developer, just not familiar enough with android to know that…

you can try adb logcat. at stage of peace sign adb logcat should be available.

But in the moment I don’t have any time doe debugging, changing / building the GSI. Sorry

Hmm, Running the Aurora Store app hangs in “building GooglePlay API” - I guess /e/ is probably not for me…

have you any tracker blocker like blokada or TrackerControl or Netguard running ? They will block the goolag api of Aurora

I looked at my firewall/dns and it didn’t block anything.
I tried the anonymous login in aurora and that hangs as above. If I try to log in using my google acct it crashes with an error related to “No WebView component installed”.

have you tried the Pie GSI ? I think you will be happier with it

Maybe. I was using stock Q and remember the upgrade from P to Q as a quite a step up with lots of little things working so much better. Maybe I need to build my own image… When you write “applied several patches of AndyCGYan and PPhusson and removed several goolag calls.” do you have a build script or a list of those patches? Maybe they’re obvious to find, I haven’t really searched much…

No, that’s all a lot of handwork and you must have some knowkedge about building GSI. It’s not so easy.

I have just sern, Aurora isn’t working. Seems goolag has changed something again.

1 Like

For me, aurora is working. I don’t know why…

I’m connected to a US NordVPN server

cool! Did you use eOS Q alpha sources, or did you use the Pie ones? I mean: is the source of this build the /e/ team?

It’s eOS Q sources from e.foundation.
But the e-devs are still working on them.

I tried you newer LeOS_Q-20200808-full-treble_arm64_bvN.img on my pixel3a at it still gets stuck at boot on the peace rainbow.
The error that stands out in an adb logcat is:

08-21 23:31:36.931  4751  4751 E AndroidRuntime: *** FATAL EXCEPTION IN SYSTEM PROCESS: main
08-21 23:31:36.931  4751  4751 E AndroidRuntime: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Signature|privileged permissions not in privapp-permissions whitelist: {foundation.e.blisslauncher: android.permission.BIND_APPWIDGET, foundation.e.blisslauncher: android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS, foundation.e.blisslauncher: android.permission.PACKAGE_USAGE_STATS}

I managed to build an e-Pie GSI, now trying to figure out how to build an e-Q GSI myself…

1 Like

Yes, on Pixel devices the GSI isn’t booting. I’m trying to build a new one since weeks, but all build are failing. Still WIP.

e-Pie-GSI building is easy with my build script. e-Q-GSI is very hard because the sources are changing from day to day and are not stable in the moment.

by the way, the minimal version should work on Pixel devices

which eOS Q repo will you use ? And pls see my first post, not all goolag calls are removed. You have to do it by your own

I would like to use the e Foundation repo, v1-q branch, but I haven’t decided yet whether to try a GSI build or try a regular build adapted for the pixel3a. First stumbling block is that https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/os/releases/-/blob/v1-q/default.xml is empty… If you have any script or treble_build_los repo I could use to jump-start my efforts I’d be happy to return any improvements I may be able to make.

WRT googlag calls, I’m OK with that for now. I first need /e/ on my phone for a bit and see whether I can handle it. Having fewer googlag calls is good enough for that. The problem with your minimal build is that aurora store doesn’t work. I guess I could side-load everything I want, but that’s a pita as well.

I can’t believe. I think it’s not a eOS issue. I think it’s an issue an Aurora Goolag api. I do often struggle with aurora download. You have downloaded from f-droid ? Wiped cache and storage in settings/apps/aurora ?

Regarding repo and script. I’m trying since weeks building a new GSI. I have build around 30 versions and all are failing, won’t boot. So I think it*s better you will try building a ‘normal’ rom for your device.
But I know another guy which have tried building for OP3 and it’S failing because auf buggy sources.
I would really advise you to wait until the sources are ready