[Device Roadmap] Android 9 (Pie) & 10 (Q) : Test builds to support new devices

Thanks for the follow up. In the end it worked after the reboot, so it’s fine for me. I just downloaded the newest version from the official TWRP website while I prepared to flash.

Any reason to rollback or will it be fine?

When will the new OTA be released? :slight_smile:

I would like to get the OTA update for my S2 tablet.
I see that I need to repeat a manual flash with a build newer than the one below

After flashing the new build, will my data and configuration remain there or I will be forced to reconfigure all the apps ?

All OTA’s are suspended for now while we figure out the issue with the v0.12 build. Hopefully early next week I should be able to run a fresh set of builds for all the still to be supported devices.
BTW we are adding 4-5 devices every week to our officially supported list so it will not be long before you get the official build on your device.

3 Likes

Same error message on all versions of TWRP and e/. Looked into the files and it might be a script error, asserting the device attributes with getprop. Even if I setprop in the TWRP terminal or via adb shell the error persists.
FIX:
Deleted the first line of the script (META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script)
Disabled zip signature verification
Installed my modified zip

Works fine now, make sure to get in touch should any more problems occur.

@Manoj Update of the List of LineageOS supported devices since the last update (August 9th):

New supported devices:

Google Pixel 3 (blueline) : 10
Google Pixel 3 XL (crosshatch) : 10
Google Pixel 3a (sargo) : 10
Google Pixel 3a XL (bonito) : 10
Google Pixel 4 (flame) : 10
Google Pixel 4 XL (coral) : 10
Huawei P Smart (figo) : Pie
Huawei P20 Lite (anne) : Pie
Motorola Moto G7 Play (channel) : 10
Motorola Moto G7 Power (ocean) : 10
Nokia 6.1 (2018) (PL2) : 10
OnePlus 7T Pro (hotdog) : 10
Samsung Galaxy A7 (2016) (a7xelte) : 10
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 / 8T (ginkgo) : 10

These devices were missing from my list (don’t know why) so I added them:
Realme 3 Pro (RMX1851) : Pie
Xiaomi Redmi K20 / Mi 9T (davinci) : 10

3 Likes

I bought a gts210vewifi with the Test-Build from September 2020 installed.
In General it works well.
But: New Pipe crashes, when i start playing a video. YouTube in Bromite has no problem.
New Pipe has no Problem on my crackling with LineageOS for MicroG 17.1.

Which versions you have on the two phones?

If you want, there’s a room on matrix to understand all the story:
#newpipe:matrix.org

NewPipe just initiated an Update via browser on both devices to 0.20.4.
Now there is no problem with /e/ OS on the tablet.
(I sent crash-reports)

0.20.4 seems to have problems.
In the meantime that issues will be fixed, I suggest you to install Newpipe Legacy 0.20.2, that work fine!

What about Skytube as a temporary workaround? Hopefully there will be a fix for New Pipe.

1 Like

Hi, any news to an OTA?

OTA release for all devices should happen end of this week or early next. We have almost finished the current round of testing.

1 Like

There is no OTA. The device is still on 0.10.

1 Like

I’m using the build for

Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 Wi-Fi (2016) gts210vewifi

since 18.09.2020. It has been a smooth experience. It’s a solid device and combined with /e/ it satisfies all my needs.

1 Like

I tested the build for the Aquaris X Pro (bardockpro) as a daily driver, with the latest TWRP recovery installed. I got one OTA update which worked perfectly. I am now on /e/OS0.10.2020081367794-test-bardockpro

Actually I am still using it, it is great. Everything works perfectly. Only downside is that the build is from august, so MicroG’s Exposure Notification doesn’t work and some already fixed bugs in Bliss Launcher are still present.

I would love to test a more recent build :wink:

As it is officially supported by Lineage OS 17.1, it should build out-of-the-box. I’ll kick off a v0.14.2-q build to keep you amused until /e/ release an official build.

It should be built by tomorrow morning

1 Like

Pie and Q builds now available

I had the time to try both; they both only boot once.
I get a bootloop trying to restart the device after first boot. :frowning:

I’m sorry about that, and I’m afraid I’m not in a position to debug it because I don’t have access to one of these devices.

All I can suggest is that you try out the official Lineage OS or LineageOS for microG build and see if the same problem occurs.

Otherwise, I guess it’s back to the /e/OS0.10.... build from August until an official build comes along

Good luck