Did you have this problem with GPS?

Hello,

since the installation of /e/ (0.13-q-2020120789006) on a Oneplus3T,
In Nexttracks the GPS don’t stop to switch between two locations, my exact location and Montgérain (FR, 60420)…
In Weather the GPS always give Tricot (FR, 60420), so the city next door of Montgérain (FR, 60420)…
In Maps, it gives me my exact location.

I noticed that the GPS icon in the status bar comes sometimes and disapear in seconds.
I use the GPS without wifi scanning and without bluetooth scanning. I tired with wifi scanning, it did not change anything.

Did you encountered this problem ?
Thanks.

Hi,

as the GPS problem still here, I decided to do make more tests.

I used 3 apps for the tests, Nexttracks, OsmAnd~ and GPStest.
And I flashed Resurection Remix 8.6.5, LineageOS 17.1, /e/ v0.14 (all based on Android 10)
I tested with wifi scanning activated, outdoors and indoors.

In RR,
At first boot, and outdoors, all the apps says there is not yet location available or don’t give any location, it took some time to have the good location in all the tested apps.

Indoors, GPStest lost some satellites but all the apps kept the right location.

In LineageOS,
At first boot, and outdoors, all the apps says there is not yet location available or don’t give any location, it took a couple of minutes (a little bit more than RR) to have the good location in all apps.

Indoors, GPStest lost almost all the satellites but all the apps kept the right location.

In /e/,
At first boot, and outdoors, OsmAnd says there is not yet location available, GPStest don’t give any location and Nettracks give instantly location at “Montgérain” (bad location of more than 100kms) :confused: , and it took the same time of LineageOS to have the right location in all the tested apps.

Indoors, GPStest lost almost all the satellites.
In GPStests the Lattitude & Longitude kept the same values.
In OsmAnd, sometimes it locates me at “Montgérain” (bad location of more than 100kms), sometimes at the right location.
In Nexttraks, it locates me at “Montgérain” (bad location of more than 100kms) all the time…

I tried to replace Nexttracks by Owntracks and OsmAnd by Maps and the behavior is the same.
Does anyone have a suggestion to solve this problem ?

Thanks.

Hi @xlbt,

I don’t know if your issue is exactly the same I have (some minutes to find my position, wrong position or not accurate position) but seems similar.
I read some replies in some external forum and found that:

It’s quite easy to find the file and the change to do but it seems that you need to have a rooted phone. So for the moment I can’t test it.

If that can help…
I tested also an app like GPSTest to reset gps.
At the end now I get position closer to me (around 1km) but I still have to wait couple of minutes to have my position in gps apps (/e/ maps, OSMAnd, …)

MIB