Different fields within /e/ Contacts and my own Nextcloud contacts

Hallo,

I’m using FP3+ with /e/

By contacts app with my FP3+ I’m actually reading/writing my contact list stored in my own Nextcloud room (is not /e/ but provided by another association using Nextcloud to offer storing services).To sync them there is the WebDav “engine” by defaoult on /e/ (with correct parameters for connection and syncronization)

With FP3+ for one of my contacts I’ve added more customized field to enter differents phone numbers (see the scrshoot)

On my Nextcloud room the contact doesn’t reply the same customized info

It’s seems like to be a format issue. Maybe app and nextcloud use different sets.

Do you have any clue abot how to fix.

Thanks indeed in advance anybody would like to reply.

Luca

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Hallo Community,

Is anybody having the same issue with contacts on \e\ and nextcloud?

I’ve added more customized field

I wasn’t successful syncing custom-named fields/labels in either direction.

Using one of the preconfigured labels (multiples are okay) it worked reliably.

Many thanks for the feedback

after turning on the device today and having another look, the custom-label (“Neu”) created on the /e/-device (v0.16) indeed showed up in a Nextcloud remote (v20)

so it seems to work at least in this combination of versions? If you want to dig into this, the way custom labels are defined is laid out in

rfc6350#section-6.4.1 and rfc6350#section-6.1.4 (for how x-name custom labels work)

So what you send in a VCF if use custom labels is the “name” part within x-name
TEL;VALUE=uri;TYPE="x-Neu":tel:123456789

If you find any breakage, you’d look at bitfireAT/davx5-ose and nextcloud/contacts.

Hi Tcecyk,

After the server version upgrade everything runs correctcly.

Thank you anyway for suggestion

hey Luca thanks for getting back to this, do you remember what the versions were prior and after of nextcloud server (contacts version can be read from this) ?