Bliss Icon Pack

I created three reports:

2 Likes

This was the answer of the Launcherā€™s developer about expanding Bliss Icon Pack:

Thank you @Porru for the proposal. We will not implement that at the moment, at least for two reason:

1. We donā€™t want to modify third party icons
  2. If Iā€™m not wrong, there are already application available on the market to do that

If it was possible to change icon backgrounds it would already be better. It seems the alpha channel is filled with somithing like the average color, which is not relevant as one can get a one-color icon so it is not possible to read the icon pictureā€¦

Maybe say that into GitLab

It seems to be solved by !42. So I guess I just have to make a system update when I have a descent Internet connectionā€¦ Thanks!

Do you know in which OS version will be applied?

No, only that the patch is now applied to branch master.

1 Like

After an update it is better (I get white background and I am ok with it) for links but nothing changed for apps such as Calculator++.

Maybe it would be even better to take into account the color at the perimeter of the picture e.g. Gitlab icon has gray background so its perimeter is gray therefore the extra parts of the Bliss icon due to its rounded square shape might be gray instead of white. If the color has too much alpha transparency then use a white background, black background (maybe according to system theme, but it seems white background is more universal) or maybe let the transparency ?

Expl. of the method above:
Integers n and m are the picture dimensions.
p[i][j] is the color of the pixel at coordinates (i, j). It has four members: r, g, b and a (for alpha, opacity), floats.

Let red, green and blue = 0.0
Let nbr = 0.0 (* average with alpha as coeff: sum of alpha is needed *)

Add pixel pix:
  with pix do
    red += .a * .r
    green += .a * .g
    blue += .a * .b

nbr += .a
  done
End

For i = 0 to n - 1 do
  Add pixel p[i][0] (* top*)
  Add pixel p[i][m - 1] (* bottom *)
Done
For j = 1 to m - 2 (* corners already processed *)
  Add pixel p[0][j] (* left *)
  Add pixel p[n - 1][j] (* right *)
Done

alpha_avg = nbr / float_of_int (2 * (n + m) - 4)
If alpha_avg > 0.75 (* value to be adjusted *) then
  Fill bg with color ((red, green, blue) / nbr)
Else
  Use another methodā€¦
End If

I canā€™t help with your problem as I canā€™t get it: I have correct background, even for Calculator++
IMG_20200812_140139

This is what I get. I will try to reinstall without loosing my functions.

IMG_20200812_144437.jpg

EDIT: Just deleted cache of Bliss Launcher and rebooted and it is ok.

New behavior: sometimes background is gray, sometimes it is white. I mean, for one given icon, I can get one of these two colors depending of when I lookā€¦ :thinking:

This now happened to me!
Screenshot_20200815-174553

Which version are you running?

Android 7 Nougat /e/ 0.10-2020080766702

Hey @come_744, removing app data and cache of Bliss Launcher solved this issue of bad-rendered icons.

You could add this info to the issue in gitlab you created, mentioning this other issue:

How to install the icon pack? I cannot see an apk.
Thanks.

nb. I want to install the icons on a phone that does not have an /e/ rom available.

You may try to get it from there (untested!) : app/build/outputs/apk/release Ā· Artifacts Ā· build (#269637) Ā· Jobs Ā· e / os / BlissIconPack Ā· GitLab

Thanks for that!
I will give it a go!