/e/ attempts to sync my music, possible to prevent?

I recently obtained a OnePlus 6T and installed /e/ on it. This is the first /e/ phone I’ve ever had that didn’t have external storage, so my music is simply stored in Android’s Music folder. What I noticed is that if I have the /e/ account syncing photos and videos, it also attempts to sync music, quickly filling up my ecloud storage. I’ve removed the syncing of that item, but it is a useful feature to have photos and videos sync across devices.
Anyway to get photos and videos syncing but not music?

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Hi, I was surprised not to see a switch for that job on my newly installed device! The first thing I would try is to create a folder MyMusic (whatever!) and see whether the sync becomes more predictable for you.

To get control of ecloud initially I installed the NextCloud app. With this I learned how the /e/ system works, and later found it was easier to live without NextCloud App. :slight_smile:

OK I installed NextCloud and re enabled syncing of Photos and Videos. As of right now, it doesn’t seem to be attempting to sync my 40GB music folder onto my 1GB ecloud account :rofl:

2 Likes

To maybe clarify, it seems that only the folder called “Music” is synchronized with ecloud (along with others like Photos and Documents), so if you create a new folder with a different name (in my case “music-no-sync”) it will not get synced. The music app will still discover all your music in the new folder.

1 Like