E Foundation non-profit reports?

Before investing much time or money with e foundation, I do due diligence. As “Non-profit organization under the French law for association 1901 registered on April 26th 2018” are finance or other reports available? Where? Thanks!

7 Likes

I support /e/ with monthly donation it would be interesting to know how much support /e/ has.
I also support Osmand+ with monthly donation, Osmand show details of support and finance within the App.

4 Likes

An 1901-law association receiving less than 153k€ of subsidy doesn’t need to publish its accounts.
https://association1901.fr/reglementation/publication-des-comptes-des-associations-percevant-des-subventions-superieures-a-153000-e/ (french, sorry).

5 Likes

I suppose in the end this is more a question of trust than a question of law…

9 Likes

What do you mean by that??

That it’s important, for transparency even more than for ‘trust’, to go beyond what the law says.

2 Likes

If it’s not mandatory, then i could say the same to anyone else here :

“Hey you dont have to disclose the details of your income and expenses,
But if you dont, you’re not trustworthy”

This post actually reminds me about e-haters being so mad about the amount of money e foundation raised.

As far as i m concerned my trust in e foundation goes far beyond a random that only visited the forum once to post this, spilled doubts and nothing else.

Blind faith is good; transparency is even better.

2 Likes

Keep that ‘blind faith’ for yourself, thank you.

For starters i dont give any credits and dont trust randoms coming in to spill doubts then leave.

Hell is paved with good intentions.

I personally believe that, at least for now, it is not helpful for any of us to have the foundation’s financial reporting.

For trust, however, it is a purely personal matter:
for example, I believe in this project!

If one day, /e/ it should grow so much that it becomes part of FAANG, then I would have some doubts, and maybe I would like to have a detailed report,

but I really don’t think there’s any need for that right now :smiley:

Transparency is key for every organization. It is the foundation of trust.
E-foundation please open your books.

6 Likes

Osmand show details of support and finance

10 years on June 3! Ordered stickers and t-shirt!!

Are E foundation profits high, so stay in business 10 years too?
Will e have money pressure and outages often?
Does E foundation pays India workers high wage for happy workers?
These are interesting data.

reminds me about e-haters
only visited the forum once to post this, spilled doubts and nothing else.
spill doubts then leave

Got private warning: be careful what you ask.
Visit and read, no log in.
Saw one reply deleted here.
Manoj changed the post.
Not friendly feelings.
I wait patience for good answers.

E-foundation please open your books.

Yes!

He just added the “support” tag.

1 Like

I think @MmeDelatour, @dotcoma and @heartshapedbox have very good points.

I am not familiar with the french legislation on non-profit organizations, but what would such a report contain? Income? Expenses? Big donators?

Fairphone by law does not have to be transparent about their supply chain, but because of the sustainable/fairtrade idea, it is a must. Shiftphone has been critized for a long time because they (with the same idea) were not able to be fully transparent about their supply chain.
MEPs by law don’t need to disclose who they’re meeting/how they make money in secondary employments, but it would be good to know for every citizen anyways…

In the end it’s important to know how /e/ is staying in business.

Like the German saying “Wes Brot ich ess, des Lied ich sing.” (roughly “Whose bread I eat, I sing their song.” via DeepL).

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.