/e/ installation on galaxy s9 plus can't get into Teamwin

Yeah, now that you say it, I can at least read ’ Prenormal’.

@Redsidriver, you do realize that /e/asy installer tried to install eOS 'O’reo?

The phone was on Android 8 until today . After the phone went into factory reset it would not show oem unlock . So I went through the long process of updating everything and changing the date several times along with restarting the device to get Oem unlock to reappear.

Android 8 ('O’reo)?

The BIT BINARY ‘7’ is more likely a reference to Stock Android Pie (Android 9).

I tried the easy installer v0.12.2-beta on an S9 (starlte) incl. stock Android 9-Pie a few hours ago. It almost ended in a debacle. I had to completely reinstall Stock Android to get my S9 working again.

Yes its is on Android 9 now after all the updates I did today . My phone is working luckily but i have no idea what i need to do now to install the new Rom. :man_shrugging:

My recommendation is:

1.] upgrade to the latest version of stock Android 10 with security patch level 5 March 2021.

2.] then manually install Android 10 /e/ OS ‘Q’ e-0.13-q-2021012097133-dev-star2lte.

3.] and please(!) - forget about the /e/asy-installer for now, as long as it operates with 8-Oreo.

Don’t update your stock ROM anymore

I had the same issues. Please see THIS thread.

If you are in the USA and have updated the stock ROM to Android 10 (not sure about Android 9) I don’t believe you can get the RMM to normal. I have tried everything. This means the bootloader is unlocked but Knox/RMM blocks (edit: due to regional lock, non USA phone being used in USA) the TWRP flash to the bootloader. I had the same issue.

EDIT: If I could go back in time I would buy direct from the eStore or use different hardware (non Samsung).

@Redsidriver also read THIS.

If you are in the USA you are experiencing what I just went through, DO NOT UPDATE your stock OS or you will be stuck in RMM prenormal (EDIT: and you won’t be able to flash anything, TWRP or any “official” ROMs lower than Android 10 (Q), nor "non-official ROMs)

@Redsidriver, I woke up thinking, have you had a working SIM card in the phone?

Then, just looking for what you might have in common with @egx470, what part of the world are you? and was the phone sourced locally? Good luck.

Im in the U.S. and i bought it on Ebay . I believe it shipped from Florida . I do have a working Sim in it right now . When i first got the phone I was on ATT but just last week I switched to T Mobile. Unfortunately last night i finished updating my phone to what SuzieQ recommended. Here is the link I bought it from .

Thats rough i sat with exactly the same problem yesterday, but i just kept doing that step over and over and after the 10th or 15th try it just worked. Some thing i found online were some people saying it was important to when you were trying to get to the TWRP and you have to hold power+bixby+volumedown you dont lift your fingers you just move the finger on volumedown to voulmeup as soon as the phone goes dark, i dont know if that is what did it for me but after i did that it only took two trys and then it worked. Good luck.

1 Like

If your Galaxy S9+ ‘star2lte’ is ever to work with /e/OS ‘Q’, then a stock Android 10 must be installed first - no ifs, ands or buts unfortunately.

As has been repeatedly demonstrated, the prospective /e/OS user needs to be aware of all eventualities before switching operating systems. “When the child has already fallen into the well”, there is a lot of crying and of course the others are always blamed for one’s own misfortune.

2 Likes

Im moving away from Samsung hardware here in the USA. From what I see they are manipulating Knox/RMM to lock out one’s ability to flash TWRP/non-offical Samsung operating systems if they are used outside the geographical area they were designed for.

Anyone have links to good non-Samsung hardware reviews in this community?

xiaomi oneplus essential motorola

1 Like

Thank you @piero. OnePlus will be my next phone. I struggle to support a company like Samsung when I see them making decisions to do what we see on this thread.

1 Like

:rofl: i wasn’t crying just stating a fact that it was your advice. I’m still holding out hope obviously i still need to do more research and there will be more mistakes made along the way . In the end if it doesn’t work for me oh well the phone still works as it currently sits. I knew that was a possibility of doing it myself especially because I’m brand new at this . So please don’t take it as me passing all blame on you.

Thank you for sharing! :smiley:

I think you should stay confident!

Vendor tells you it is an international version. Perhaps it may have a Regional lock, which takes 7 days to undo??

What I would really like to see is evidence of the Regional (or other) lock.

Maybe any lock will be revealed with:

adb getprop

Or, install Termux and run

getprop

The idea is then to search for any known locks. (Lock, FRP, Rlc). Whole output will be too big to post directly, will need a “paste bin”, say, https://haste.tchncs.de/.

1 Like

I do plan to keep trying but for now I have to do some more research on how to get past the issue . I thought I did enough research before hand but turns out I didn’t . I do appreciate all the information yall are giving me . Like i said before I am brand new to this so i am nervous because i don’t want to end up with a 400 dollar brick

getprop
is totally non-invasive, it just reads and outputs some data from the system!

1 Like

This is good advice.

I haven’t seen the evidence in any code. The only evidence I have is from what others have told me/I have read and my inability to flash anything to my stock S9+ (SM-G965F/DS) which updated to Android 10, Q. I can’t get TWRP on this phone nor can I flash to Android 8 or 9. Very frustrating. Thank you for all your help @aibd.

I wish I could help with this but I finally sold the phone. Sorry.

1 Like