/e/ installation on galaxy s9 plus can't get into Teamwin

Yes you are correct still a brand new 3 year old phone . I just came from a very old galaxy s7 and a blackberry classic. This phone is an incredible upgrade for me . The 3 reasons I picked it was for the camera , speakers and degoogled capability . Im just not a fan of all the Tracking . Im not throwing in the towel just yet but i am very new to this and don’t have that much time at the moment .

2 Likes

Is this a fair representation of your Download mode screen (please tell me if I am wrong)?

ODIN MODE
DOWNLOAD SPEED: FAST
PRODUCT NAME:SM-G965F
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
RMM STATE : Prenormal
FRP LOCK: OFF
OEM LOCK: OFF

WARRANTY VOID: 0 (0x0000)

imho:
Samsung Official + WARRANTY VOID: 0 indicate no interference has occured.
Factory reset protection is off.

If your phone still says that, (that is, you never interfered with it) from a point of consumer law can you make a case that you were sold a lemon?

Your Miami, Florida, 98.8% positive feedback, vendor included a paragraph: PLEASE READ BEFORE BIDDING: This is an unlocked international mobile phone …

This phone appears not 100% unlocked in USA.

If you keep it, consider at leisure your appetite for doing the required reading to consider the more “intrusive” option I already mentioned.

That is a good sign and normal! I struggle with multiple links and always have to go back to a large sheet of paper. :slightly_smiling_face:

Bon chance

1 Like

yes that is exactly what it shows .

what do you think of this video .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BywY99aq_Lo

So this is the method: https://forum.highonandroid.com/t/how-to-install-android-10-or-11-gsi-roms-on-galaxy-s9-s9-plus/332.

The question you are asking is can you make a GSI ROM flash onto a Samsung which is showing as RMM State Prenormal. I do not know!

Edit: Except can you get past Step 1? You will need to unlock the bootloader, make sure “OEM Unlock” is checked ON in Developer Settings. That should be enough but if you are on newer firmware, you might have to reboot into Download mode and actually unlock the bootloader.

phhusson is highly respected. You will find him at https://forum.xda-developers.com/, perhaps you could find a suitable thread to read about that and/or even ask a question.

1 Like

/e/ OS ‘Q’ GSI and AOSP 11 GSI ROMs already ran successfully on my S9+ (star2lte).

the ROM booted without a hitch.

The basic requirement for installing a GSI ROM is
you guessed it
an unlocked bootloader aka OEM unlock.

1 Like

@SuzieQ I’m curious if I flash a stock Q image and try to do the same what would happen to my RMM status. Makes me nervous.

I’m now having issues with a Moto G7 Plus, I can’t even get the key from the device to submit at the Motorola Unlock Bootloader URL.

@egx470, we have gathered plenty and valuable information here by now. As things stand, my guess is that if Stock Android 10 ‘Q’ can be installed on your S9+ ‘star2lte’, nothing will change your RMM status.

Only when this manufacturer blockade can be eliminated will it be possible to unlock your bootloader respectively activate OEM unlock.

1 Like

Thanks. So what you saying is that because we already have an unlocked bootloader (TWRP flashed) flashing stock Android 10 will get the dev to Android 10 and RMM should not return to “prenormal”. From this point I can flash star2lte based on Q (beta), correct?

I cancelled the Xiaomi Mi 8 as the phone does not support all the bands for TMobile here in the USA. Working on these Moto G7+s and eyeing a OnePlus 6T A6013. These 2 phones support all of TMobile’s bands (2G-4G, ext range 4G) here in the USA. These S9+/S9 SM-G965 & G960 F/DS phones also do not support all of TMobiles bands so coverage is sub par.

4G bands

G965F :: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13,     17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28,     32, 38, 39, 40, 41,     66     - Europe/Global
G965U :: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 38, 39, 40, 41, 46, 66, 71 - USA

If the few non-existent frequeces in the European model of the Galaxy S9+ SM-G965F/DS are the deciding ones for you, then it is not the right model for you, otherwise the ‘star2lte’ is still a potent phone for which there is not only /e/OS ‘Q’ as the current OS.

1 Like

I am using the G965f on T mobile and while yes it does not have all the bands it is in my case so far still usable . I do loose connection here and there but I’ve honestly gotten used to it now and it doesn’t bother me very much .

1 Like

@Redsidriver @SuzieQ

I am overall happy with both the G965 and G960 (both are F/DS) I do notice that the coverage is not as good as my previous iPhone 12 which covered all the bands TMobile utilizes (I wonder how these Galaxies fair with AT&T/it’s MVNOs’ bands?). I am unsure if this is due to missing bands or something else. I am assuming it is due to the missing bands seen below. My coverage is a bit more spotty when I get out away from urbanized areas (thinking it is the lack of band 71 which is “4G Extra Range” thus the lower MHz for further propogation). This is why I have started work to flash /e/ on a Moto G7 Plus XT1965-T (if I can get the bootloader unlocked :slight_smile: ) . But again, returning to a Googled Android device or iOS is not ideal for me since I regard the right to privacy more than missing coverage which I am sure will only get better as /e/ matures in the US. :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

But yes, I agree, this loss of coverage here and there would not sway me from utilizing /e/ with these two Samsung Galaxy phones…I simply am trying to get the best of both worlds and it appears the Moto will do the job, not as robust hardware-wise but plenty good for my needs. :slight_smile: :+1:

Screenshot from 2021-04-17 16-46-18

We probably should move this discussion to another thread. I don’t know how to move existing submissions

1 Like

At what URL are you getting this diagram? Very nice :slight_smile: :+1:

Did you happen to get /e/ on that phone (G965f) or are you still sitting RMM prenormal (blocking the flash to the bootloader)? I am curious if the prenormal will leave with extended regular use on the stock ROM.

Still on the RMM prenormal .

I just bought the g7 plus for my daughter as her first phone . I also bought that one because I could potentially flash /e/ on it once I figure it out . Not a bad phone but the speakers and the cameras are just not on the same level as the Galaxies .

1 Like

I had always been hoping that prenormal might lift after 7 days, your status is prenormal after all not “locked”. I wonder if you switch your phone off from time to time? I read that the 7 days might only be valid if the phone was on, and on line, constantly during the 168 hours.

1 Like

Hi everybody,
I have the same problem than @Redsidriver with my Samsung Galaxy S9, G960F.
I don’t find a way to get into Teamwin with the easy installer.

At first sight this looks like https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/2678

There is some help for this here Your first boot into TWRP

Edit, you can read here how to find the log and you could post it here if you like.