/e/ news app not yielding RSS news articles

Hello, everyone!

It seems that the /e/ news app at ecloud.global doesn’t work. For two days, it hasn’t retrieved any news articles from the RSS sources I have added. I have checked on both that and the Nextcloud News app and I’m having no luck getting new articles.

Does anyone know if this is just an issue of my own or if others are suffering from the same issue?

Thanks for reading!

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Hello comodoro64,

thanks for the comment, I can confirm your observations. It seems, that
the software-updates of the e-cloud are the origin of the issue, because
there is aq high coincidence.

Can anyone of the team have a look into this?

Kind regards

1 Like

Pl raise an issue on /e/ gitlab if not already done…pass the ID and I can have the ecloud team look at it. For help on how to raise an issue check this guide

1 Like

Alright! I have made the issue, or to be more specific, the incident. Its ID is 3838.

Thanks for the help!

i have the same issue here, i also can not sync my contacts anymore.

Some days ago, I imported some OPML lists in the News section of my ecloud account. The update process for these feed worked well until today. I even can’t force the feeds to update anymore. The update process has completely stopped and there is no sign about the source of the problem. Can anybody help?

1 Like

same here since yesterday… :frowning:

1 Like

I am assuming the issue is the same as reported here …pl can you add your comments to the issue on gitlab. The news app has been disabled temporarily due to some issue with the stability of ecloud. You can check the details in the explanation given by the ecloud team in the issue.

now it works again, thank you!

1 Like

Can confirm it works again! Thank you very much! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Hi there,

I was glad to see that there is the news app on ecloud.global due to my own 32bit server cannot use it anymore.
Unfortunately I am observing the same issue described here. Some of you told that it was fixed months ago, but I still have it. Is this a general issue or is it just me, now?

Jay

You are not the only one. See:

I don’t think my feeds have been updated in almost a week. At first I thought it was some sort of issue with with the android news app. But their not refreshing through the ecloud web interface either. Anyone else experiencing this?

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Okay it isn’t just me.

Got a reply to my email from support. A new bug has been filed and is getting some attention. "News" app in /e/Cloud doesn't refresh the feeds (#4359) · Issues · e / Backlog · GitLab

Hello

Parallel python updater script GitHub - nextcloud/news-updater: Fast, parallel feed updater for the News app; written in Python implemented and running in production since today.

will refresh feeds every 12 hours for now, and we will reduce the interval if we see no side effect in ecloud.

Best.

2 Likes

it now runs every 4 hours on ecloud.

1 Like