/e/OS on FP3+: Data corrupt after update from /e/OS 1.3 to 1.5

Hello,

For some stupid reason I don’t have a backup and after an update the data is corrupt (Fairphone 3+, /e/OS). I have tried many things to access the data via recovery mode and activated ADB. But none of it works. I only need photos and videos, but contacts would also be great.

Here’s what I did (Linux Mint):

1. Downloaded ADB with the aim of installing TWRP:
    Install TWRP

BUT: What am I supposed to do with these instructions if I can’t even get into the OS to activate USB debugging via the settings?
https://doc.e.foundation/pages/enable-usb-debugging
Why are there instructions for the command line only for OEM Unlock?

So: No TWRP for now. Because without USB debugging rights the following comes up:

[username]@[computername]:~/desk/platform-tools$ sudo ./fastboot flash recovery ../twrp-3.7.0_9-0-FP3.img
Sending 'recovery' (31512 KB) OKAY [ 1.513s]
Writing 'recovery' FAILED (remote: 'Partition flashing is not allowed')
fastboot: error: Command failed
  1. I mounted the /data/ partition via the terminal (using the ADB shell) to see if I could get to the data.

BUT: In the /data/ directory there are only lots of “files” with cryptic names. Is everything here encrypted? How can I decrypt this?

Or very specifically (maybe I’m completely on the wrong track): On a Fairphone 3+ with /e/OS, how do I get to the data on the internal memory if I can’t boot the OS because of corrupt data?

Thanks and best regards
winnewoerp

1 Like

I have the same problem: my data is “corrupt” according to the /e/ recovery. I am on a Samsung S7, with /e/OS 1.5 I don’t understand why /e/ (or Murena, whatever), removed TWRP from the latest versions ??? It was much easier, but now I can’t even access the data of my internal storage or make a backup…

@winnewoerp did you find any way out since your post?