/e/OS on Samsung Galaxy J5 2017

Be careful, it’s local_manifests and not local_manifest

Sadly I don’t know (yet) how to make a non-lineageos source working. I didn’t see it wasn’t made for lineageos when I made the roomservice.

From my side of view, trying to adjust this sources makes no sense. It’s wasted time. Better searching for los sources or searching for a los rom and using that sources

Off topic: I wanted to appreciate the efforts being put in by @julek to first request a device and then attempt to build it himself. Also thanks to @harvey186 and @Anonyme who are helping him out in his efforts. A community is only as strong or as good as the support or contributions of its users.

4 Likes

Hi, do you know why my build for manta has started even if there is no “lineage_manta.mk” file please ? It’s just “lineage.mk”.

I can’t believe, because all files are for AOSP and are full against lineage rules. Product name, … everything is wrong. I never was able to start a build with such sources

As you can see in the above error message, the build script is looking for a product lineage_deviceName
product "lineage_j5y17lte

And in your sources the product name is AOSP_manta. I really don’t know, why your build is starting

Unknown was only building for LineageOS supported devices.
manta is officially only for Marshmallow but as you have already seen, there is a Nougat branch.

I think Unknown used this ‘normally not working’ branch to build the [UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Google Nexus 10 (manta)

I will publish the build once it’s done and see if it’s working for somebody.

1 Like

yes, he has build everything ‘blind’.

i have tried building for manta and it was always failing. hope your build will Finish successful

EDIT: OK, the lineage.mk contains the right Product Name
PRODUCT_NAME := lineage_manta

It seems that aosp_manta.mk isn’t needed for LOS builds

have you seen the PRODUCT_PROPERTY_OVERRIDES := \

No, what’s wrong with that ?

It’s changing the DNS to goolag DNS

Even after the /e/ build is done ? (I guess yes, if not you wouldn’t have care)

I don’t know what comes first, but I think device definitions are more important. But you can check after build in build.prob

1 Like

Looks like there are already unofficial images for my phone :
https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397917811

They were built against Pie (which is consistent with my observations for Pie conformity).

The guy’s git repo is there : https://github.com/bosniandoge

This one looks particularly interesting : https://github.com/bosniandoge/vendor-j5y17lte

Dunno obviously if his builds work, but it could be a good starting point (if we find out how to build the thing) don’t you think so ? (Won’t be available tonight for building as I’m also reading books but tomorrow I’ll have some spare time)

I would start with this manifest

This one won’t work - it is not for j5y17lte - my phone is a J530F with an Exynos CPU, not a Qualcomm

1 Like

Oh, bad. Have you found a fitting manifest in this chaos github repo?

j5lte is for F500F (2015) snapdragon
j5nlte is for J500FN (2015) snapdragon
j5xnlte is for J510FN (2016) exymos
j5y17lte is for J530F (2017) exymos

Could you please try with the following roomservice please ? The previous github repo doesn’t belong to the publier of the xda thread, but I found the good one so I hope it will work. There is no “lineage_j5y17lte.mk” though, we will see.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <project name="nailyk-fr/android_device_samsung_j5y17lte" path="device/samsung/j5y17lte" remote="github" revision="lineage-15.1" />
  <project name="nailyk-fr/android_device_samsung_exynos7870-common" path="device/samsung/exynos7870-common" remote="github" revision="lineage-15.1" />
  <project name="nailyk-fr/android_kernel_samsung_exynos7870" path="kernel/samsung/exynos7870" remote="github" revision="lineage-15.1" />
  <project name="nailyk-fr/android_vendor_samsung" path="vendor/samsung" remote="github" revision="lineage-15.1" />
  <project name="nailyk-fr/android_hardware_samsung" path="hardware/samsung" remote="github" revision="lineage-15.1" />
  <project name="nailyk-fr/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos" path="hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos" remote="github" revision="lineage-15.1" />
  <project name="nailyk-fr/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos5" path="hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos5" remote="github" revision="lineage-15.1" />
  <project name="nailyk-fr/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_exynos7870" path="hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/exynos7870" remote="github" revision="lineage-15.1" />
  <project name="LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung_slsi-cm_openmax" path="hardware/samsung_slsi-cm/openmax" remote="github" revision="lineage-15.1" />
  <project name="LineageOS/android_packages_resources_devicesettings" path="packages/resources/devicesettings" remote="github" revision="lineage-15.1" />
</manifest>

That’s also los15. I thought it should be a los16 build ??

I don’t see any Los 16 topic on xda, and only 1 LOS 16 build on androidfilehost, we don’t know if it’s working or not.