/e/OS on Samsung Galaxy J5 2017

As I have written, inside the .mk files you have to do some adjustments.

Here for example is the wrong product name

… …
Not yet. It’s WIP

Yes, you will get build errors or the built won’t boot. It’s like trying to mount a vw golf door on a mercedes

I forked the guy’s repo, but it looks like the local_manifests directory is not read. Maybe the Docker mapping is incorrect ?

PS : this is my very first build of anything related to Lineage OS so I’m kinda noob :wink:

PPS : cannot post anymore for today sooo I won’t be able to answer you. (BTW I’ve not misspelled local_manifest, it is correctly mapped to /srv/local_manifests - but still the error product lineage_j5y17lte not found)

Be careful, it’s local_manifests and not local_manifest

Sadly I don’t know (yet) how to make a non-lineageos source working. I didn’t see it wasn’t made for lineageos when I made the roomservice.

From my side of view, trying to adjust this sources makes no sense. It’s wasted time. Better searching for los sources or searching for a los rom and using that sources

Off topic: I wanted to appreciate the efforts being put in by @julek to first request a device and then attempt to build it himself. Also thanks to @harvey186 and @Anonyme who are helping him out in his efforts. A community is only as strong or as good as the support or contributions of its users.

4 Likes

Hi, do you know why my build for manta has started even if there is no “lineage_manta.mk” file please ? It’s just “lineage.mk”.

I can’t believe, because all files are for AOSP and are full against lineage rules. Product name, … everything is wrong. I never was able to start a build with such sources

As you can see in the above error message, the build script is looking for a product lineage_deviceName
product "lineage_j5y17lte

And in your sources the product name is AOSP_manta. I really don’t know, why your build is starting

Unknown was only building for LineageOS supported devices.
manta is officially only for Marshmallow but as you have already seen, there is a Nougat branch.

I think Unknown used this ‘normally not working’ branch to build the [UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Google Nexus 10 (manta)

I will publish the build once it’s done and see if it’s working for somebody.

1 Like

yes, he has build everything ‘blind’.

i have tried building for manta and it was always failing. hope your build will Finish successful

EDIT: OK, the lineage.mk contains the right Product Name
PRODUCT_NAME := lineage_manta

It seems that aosp_manta.mk isn’t needed for LOS builds

have you seen the PRODUCT_PROPERTY_OVERRIDES := \

No, what’s wrong with that ?

It’s changing the DNS to goolag DNS

Even after the /e/ build is done ? (I guess yes, if not you wouldn’t have care)

I don’t know what comes first, but I think device definitions are more important. But you can check after build in build.prob

1 Like

Looks like there are already unofficial images for my phone :
https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397917811

They were built against Pie (which is consistent with my observations for Pie conformity).

The guy’s git repo is there : https://github.com/bosniandoge

This one looks particularly interesting : https://github.com/bosniandoge/vendor-j5y17lte

Dunno obviously if his builds work, but it could be a good starting point (if we find out how to build the thing) don’t you think so ? (Won’t be available tonight for building as I’m also reading books but tomorrow I’ll have some spare time)

I would start with this manifest

This one won’t work - it is not for j5y17lte - my phone is a J530F with an Exynos CPU, not a Qualcomm

1 Like

Oh, bad. Have you found a fitting manifest in this chaos github repo?