/e/ sale of galaxy s9 phone

I ordered one of these phones, do not have it yet. But, there is something confusing to me.

When I look at the LineageOS site for that phone, here - https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/star2lte - it says that phone is no longer supported.

Does this mean that /e/ is selling an /e/ phone that never will be officially updated? Or, will /e/ still update this phone even though LineageOS will not? If LineageOS will not create a pie-based version of LineageOS, will /e/ produce a pie-based version of /e/ anyway?

Hi @dln949 lineageos withdrawing support for a phone is not a criteria for /e/ to also withdraw support. We have devices in our list which are not supported by LineageOS. If the device supports Pie then we will be coming out with a Pie build for it.

1 Like

Currently the development of /e/ OS is based on Android 8.0.0 Oreo.

Device manufacturer Samsung provides a firmware version 9-Pie (Android StockROM) for the Galaxy S9+ (SM-G965F).

An upgrade to StockROM Android 10 is also very likely. The supply with current security updates is thus secured for a longer period of time.

We will see how / e / OS is evolving.