Easy Install on S7 G930F | Android Debug?

Hi Guys,

I just tried to install /e/OS on a Galaxy S7 G930F. The first thing I noticed that the “Android Debugging” option indicated as a second step, does not come up. So I just hit “Continue” but the installer does not find the phone. Any ideas how to proceed?

Thank you in advance!
Best,
Daniel

I don’t have a Samsung phone, but maybe this article helps: https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-203783/

Without enabling USB debugging on the phone the installer won’t work.

1 Like

Hi Ingo, thank you for the quick response. Somehow I figured that out by myself, follwoing intuition. :slight_smile: Now I am on the blue screen and the Downloading… Do not turn off target is shown since an hour. Does this really takes soooo long? Or I should restart? Thanks in advance!
Best,
Daniel

It would be good if you can upload the installer log somewhere.

Where to find the log depends on the operating system of the computer you’re installing from, see Howto troubleshoot issues with the easy-installer

Hi Ingo, thank you for the answer. It’s done! :slight_smile: Everything works fine. I was just not reading carefully enough and I did not notice the difference when I had to push the upper volume buttons instead of the lower ones. After that, it went quickly. Thank you for your help! Best, Daniel

1 Like