Easy Installer: Local File not found

Hello everyone!
I have successfully installed the eIOS on two GS290s with the EasyInstaller. With a third GS290, EasyInstaller displays the message: Local file not found and stops.
I think it’s just because of the Easy Installer. Is the version v0.13.3-beta.
By the way, the message is brought 2x. First when downloading the file… 256sum(? goes too fast to read clearly) and then after downloading recovery-e-latest-GS290.img

Sorry for my google-english… :innocent:

Best regards :slight_smile:

Hi @Alechris welcome to the /e/ forum.

The full information …

goes too fast to read clearly

is stored in a log. This will help pinpoint what tripped up.

You will find the method to locate the log here:

1 Like

Vielen Dank für das “Wilkommen”.
Eine log-Datei wird nicht erstellt, da das Programm ja schon vor der Instalation stoppt.
Wie ich schon schrieb: Es geht um ein GS290, von denen ich davor schon zwei erfolgreich installiert habe. Der EasyInstaller läuft auf win10. Ich hab EasyInstaller schon deinstalliert und gelöscht und wieder neu installiert, aber das gleiche Problem tritt wieder auf: local file not found, nachdem die “…latest… .img” heruntergeladen wurde.

Thank you for the “welcome”.
A log file is not created, because the program stops before the installation. As I already wrote: It’s about a GS290, of which I have already successfully installed two before. The EasyInstaller runs on win10. I have already uninstalled and deleted EasyInstaller and reinstalled it again, but the same problem occurs again: local file not found after downloading the “… latest… img”.

Just in case of a misunderstanding … This isn’t about a log file on the phone, it’s about the log file the Easy installer is supposed to write while running, and apparently you have it running. Please see the post @aibd linked to, especially section " Where to find the log".

Vielen Dank.
Ich habe es schon richtig verstanden. Aber es wurde definitiv keine log datei erstellt. Laut Anleitung sollte diese Datei im Verzeichnis …/easy-installer/ sein. Aber da ist nichts. Nach meinem Verständnis weil eben noch keine Installation auf dem GS290 stattfinden konnte.

Thank you very much.
I have already understood it correctly. But definitely no log file was created. According to the instructions, this file should be in the directory…/easy-installer/. But there’s nothing there. According to my understanding because no installation on the GS290 could take place yet.

1 Like

Wenn ich es richtig verstehe, versucht EasyInstaller vor der Installation zwei Dateien herunterzuladen … ich sehe, dass die .img-Datei heruntergeladen wird (32MB). Und dann wird die Datei mit einer anderen Datei verglichen, bevor es zur Installation geht … und da wird gestoppt …

If I understand it correctly, EasyInstaller tries to download two files before installing… I see the.img file being downloaded (32MB). And then the file is compared to another file before it goes to installation… and there is stopped…

Please confirm that you had a look in %LOCALAPPDATA%\easy-installer (you can copy and paste this into the Explorer address bar).
This is not the “easy-installer” directory the Easy installer got installed in.

I just installed and started the Easy Installer on Windows 10 without even connecting a phone, and it immediately created a log file where it’s supposed to be.

2 Likes

O M G …
Ich habe es 1000x gelesen und nicht gesehen … Danke für die Geduld!!!
Also … Problem ist gelöst :slight_smile:
Ich habe die log-Datei gefunden und angeschaut.
Entdeckt habe ich folgenden Eintrag:
recovery-e-0.23-q-20220401175185-stable-GS290.img do not exist.

Im Ordner sources/GS290 fand ich nur die Datei, die downgeloadet wurde:

“recovery-e-latest-GS290.img”

Ich habe diese Datei kopiert, anschliessend umbenannt in
“recovery-e-0.23-q-20220401175185-stable-GS290.img”
und EasyInstaller neu begonnen … und nun funktioniert es, mein GS290 glänzt nun im neuen Betriebssystem!!

Vielen Dank!

O M G…
I read it 1000x and didn’t see it… Thank you for the patience!!!
So… Problem is solved :slight_smile:
I found and looked at the log file. I discovered the following entry:
“recovery-e-0.23-q-20220401175185-stable-GS290.img do not exist.”

In the sources/GS290 folder I found only the file that was downloaded:
“recovery-e-latest-GS290.img”
I copied this file, then renamed the file to
“recovery-e-0.23-q-20220401175185-stable-GS290.img”
and EasyInstaller restarted… and now it works, my GS290 now shines in the new operating system!! Thank you very much!

5 Likes