Experience installing e-0.15q (unnoficial) S7 SM-G930F

Hi, I’m upgrading my S7 to Q. I had Oreo which I installed with easy installer (version 0.12 at that time) but I wanted a newer Android version and thanks to @SuzieQ I discovered Q. I did a lot of mistakes during the installation lol (which I think I fixed) but I’m sharing my experience:

FIRST STEP: Make a backup with Twrp. You will find out how in e documentation pages (installation section)
First problem: After flashing the OS the device kept rebooting… I entered in download mode because I missed the keys I had to press so I started to panic. I thought I unnistalled TWRP. Hopefully I found out I had to use volume down + home + power and I entered in TWRP. Problem solved.
Second problem: I did a factory reset entering in wype menu. So I erased the backup I did lol I was smart enough to move it to my PC before starting the process.
Third problem: I could not mount the storage in my PC to upload the backup or to upload a e OS version to flash again the device and make it work again. So far so good :slight_smile: lol
Fourth problem: I don’t know why but the data and storage partitions on Android were not functionning. I kept receiving errors and Twrp showed 0 Mb of capacity. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Solutions:

1. To upload a new OS (since I erased everything lol): I installed adb on my pc. Using the simple command “push OS_FILE_NAME /tmp/” I was able to send the OS again in 3 minutes.
  2. To solve the data and storage partition (which was more problematic for me) I started in recovery mode (TWRP). I entered Wype → Advanced Wipe → selected data → Repair filesystem and hit repair filesystem => Result: Did not work lol So I went to Change filesystem → Selected ext2 and confirm. It went OK. Then I did the same and selected ext4 and confirm. Restarted the phone and booouummm :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: I had Android 10 and I erased everything in my phone lol But I did it ^^

Well. If someone encounters the same problems here you have a couple of ideas :slight_smile: I screw up several times in the process and I arrived to a good ending so… Be confident and may the force be with you :star:

For the moment the OS works like a charm =) I’m happy.

Cheers,
Luis

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

2 Likes

For the record I had to install “Simple dialer” app from F-droid repository because the original dialing app did not work (it crashed). Changing this default app to “Simple dialer” solved the problems =)
Cheers,
Luis