F(x)tec Pro¹ (Landscape-slider hwkb)

I know somewhat an exotic device but I think the target audience is highly congruent with this project.
It currently runs on Android 9.0 Pie with a few custom apps (landscape launcher).
Bootloader is unlocked!

There are unofficial ROM’s for lineage and Sailfish:

P.S. I can only post 2 links, so the device website is: fxtec . com

2 Likes

Is there a chance for e on the Fxtec pro?

This would be a good option for a phone with physical keyboard as the blackberrys are not available.

I have just ordered one of those, looks like a really good device for keyboard aficionados.
There are unofficial lineage builds for it, so in principle we should be able to do an /e/ build as well. If I find the time I will give it a try and post my findings here.

Thanks @Ralf let us know if you were able to get /e/ running on it

I have managed to do a LOS-16.0 and an /e/ PIE build based on how this worked out. But I don’t have the device yet and so can not test. If anybody has a device and wants to try just PM me, I am happy to share the build as it is, but don’t want to post it here as it is untested.

2 Likes

Does anyone know what is the stand on the Fxtec Pro?

Sorry for the late reply. Do you have a device yet? I have one but time is not something I have a lot at the moment. So I cannot guarantee if/when I do testing.

Still have no device. LOS seems about stable from what I read on their forum, so building e should be painless. I will happily provide a build once I have the device.