Fairphone 3 and /e/OS

I have ordered my fairphone 3 from fairphone directly more than three weeks ago now and still haven’t received it. I don’t know if it would be any faster ordering from /e/.

I also ordered a Fairphone 3 more than a month ago directly from Fairphone and received nothing either.

1 Like

We have received inventory to cover for our pre-orders and we are shipping out this week.
We will place additional orders very soon.

2 Likes

Hi Alexis,

My finger is above the ‘enter’-button, this is how close I am to ordering a Fairphone3.

But I have a bit of a problem in decision taking.

I live in Amsterdam. When I scream the people over at Fairphone can hear me. They sell it for 450,- euro.I have to flash the phone myself but that’s no problem. Done it before, will do it again. I appreciate Fairphone to the max.

Or:

I pay 479,- euro to /e/ and receive a pre-installed Fairphone3 and I hope that I support /e/ by buying it from them. I love beautiful /e/ also and like to support them.

I prefer the latter option.

But there is one drawback with that option and that is that Fairphone offers FREE earphones (49,- euro) and /e/ doesn’t.

So, Alexis, do you offer the FREE earphones too?

Grtz, sassonie

1 Like

I third option might be to buy from Fairphone “across the street” and donate to /e/ foundation to support them.

4 Likes

@sassonie
We are an eligible reseller for the Fairphone earphones promotion. It is a Fairphone promotion and after your purchase you will need to register with them to benefit from the free earphones.
More details here: https://promotions.fairphone.com/earphones

8 Likes

Awesome :heart_eyes:, I’m waiting for my Fairphone 3 delivery (should arrive tomorrow) and wasn’t aware of this promotion !
@alexis thank a lot for the tips !

Hi, just a short question @Ceddev :
When did you order the FP3 from fairphone?

And grats to your new phone! I am looking forward to receiving mine hopefully soon, too. :slight_smile:

Hello !
Thank you for the tip Alexis. I’ve just ordered a Fairphone 3 with /e/OS from the eFoundation on tuesday 19 may.I hope I’ll be able to benefit from this offer ?
Cheers

I ordered it from /e/ on April 29, 2020.

As mentionned on the Fairphone promotion link i shared:

How it works

1. Buy a new Fairphone 3 between May 4, 2020 and May 31, 2020 at one of the participating resellers.
  2. Complete the registration form below with all required information before June 15, 2020.
  3. Within 2 working days the registration will be checked, and you will receive a response via email.
  4. If approved, the modular earphones are sent to you within 60 days after registration.

Cheers.

Alexis

3 Likes

Thank you, Alexis.
I made my decision. :+1: :grinning:

Thanks for the quick reply.

Interesting, as I ordered mine on April 27 and still haven`t gotten a shipment date, yet.

That’s an option I didn’t consider. Smart thinking. :+1: :wink:

1 Like

I’m expecting my /e/ FP3 on Monday, but thought I’d apply for the earphones based on the receipt from /e/. Unfortunately, the form reports the IMEI as invalid, even though I think it looks good and it matches the first few digits suggested on the form. Do I need to somehow activate the phone with FP before they will accept the IMEI?

How do you know the IMEI before you have the FP in your hands?

The IMEI is printed on the receipt.

I registered yesterday, no problems. Maybe they made a typo on the receipt.

1 Like

Congrats guys! Have we thought about sending a phone to GSMArena? They’ve done extensive articles regarding Huawei’s OS. Their exposure to this can definitely bring more people interested!

2 Likes

Please connect with Fairphone and their partner about this.
They seem to have a few issues with their partner handling the promotion. It might be that they have not had all IMEI numbers included in time from our stock.
Fairphone also told us the best way forward is to try again in one week’s time, around the 28th of May.
If you have any other questions concerning the earphone promotion, please refer to this customer support email: fairphone@activationboxx.com
Cheers.