[FEATURE PROPOSAL] Building GSI Image

Capricorn is not Treble-Enabled by default (cause shipped with Android <8.0) that’s why it is not working with some roms.

Sorry for double post but I just noticed that dakkar’s build script already support /e/ (v0.2)

This means that you can build your own GSI image with just a few commands and fully customize it: with or without SU, A or A / B, ARM or ARM64 or A64… You can also add gapps :joy:

Only problem (if it is one): you MUST HAVE a pc under Ubuntu or Debian.

Check this wiki for more infos (also read the start ing of the page) :

Romname for /e/ is e-0.2
UPDATE : I’ve updated the script : new romnames are now e-pie or e-oreo, and e-0.2 is removed cause it’s an old version.

I’ll try to build some images (at least one for Aonly and one for A/B partition schemes) tomorrow.

1 Like

it’s pointing to a rather old branch (“v-0.2”) in the /e/ repository

Thanks please try and let us know. As mentioned some of our team members did not have much luck trying it. The correct branch names are
v1-pie , v1-oreo or v1-nougat

Cannot create GSI for Nougat cause Nougat does not support treble cause introduced in Oreo.
I’ve updated the script with new branches, waiting for owner to merge changes.

EDIT: Merged !

1 Like

Hi @AerisOne let us know how your efforts on building the GSI go ahead. We have unfortunately not been successful as yet.

https://gitlab.e.foundation/snippets/107

Build in progress.
For the moment no problems.
EDIT : Issue when applying patches. Trying to resolve it.
EDIT : Seems issue is solved, I’ve said “seems” !

I’m building 4 images :

• ARM A
  • ARM64 A
  • ARM64 A/B
  • A64 A
3 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to build the GSI’s.

1 Like

Hello, i’m trying to build the GSI too, indeed patch issues! The patches are not 100% /e/ source compatible. I’m stuck at 92% now, some function double defined in two .o files, don’t know how to fix yet. I also got trouble with libexfat_mkfs/fsck, did you have it too?

2 Likes

If we get this working, we could create an /e/ patch set!

2 Likes

You have followed the indications of dakkar say in the wiki that @AerisOne share? I would like to try to build a GSI too. I will install on my dipper, is trebeled too.

1 Like

I follow the manual instructions, so applying patches by hand.

Oks, thanks, I will try this weekend.

Edited phh’s script, dakkar’s script or even manual way are not working for me. Even when I try to build lineage or aosp, seem my computer don’t want to build any GSI sucessfuly.

I’ve edited phh’s script to replace lineage repo with e repo but it’s not working.

Same experiences like all others which.have tried :woozy_face::thinking::thinking::thinking:

Strange cause that’s not working even when trying to build lineage or aosp…

The build did complete 100% after some code tweaking, but it did not boot.

1 Like

So… You build it successfully but you can’t use the image, am I right ?

Can you tell me how did you do ? Or send me your image ?

On what phone are you testing ? Do you think this can work on a OEM-Treble-Enabled phone ? Can I have a try ? (Too many questions)

Thanks for confirming the errors we also ran into. The GSI scripts as they are on the Github do not work…at lest not for building the /e/ GSI.

I did the patches by hand, and where they’ve failed i tweaked the code by hand by looking into the patch and compare with the code to be patched. I commented out all the Xiaomi problems because i was going to test on Sony XA2 just to see if it worked. So sharing would not make sense, because it wont work.