Currently I am thinking about what photographic features a future /e/ should be able to master. I’d love to have a camera that has a quality superior to current OpenCam.
Ideally the camera will be capable to recognize QR and bar codes (https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/management/issues/358)
But I was thinking about another feature: I would like to have a document scanner integrated into /e/. For now, I am undecided whether I want it to be a separate app or an integral part of a future camera app.
Purpose: I would like it to scan multi-page flip charts, white boards, photos, printed and eventually handwritten documents. It should combine multiple pages automatically into a single document (PDF or OpenDoc).
- Ideally, it should be able to recognise corners in order to format the target documents in a genuine way.
- Ideally, it is capable to correct the angle of the documents that they all appear being taken from the same perspective above (manually or automatically).
- Ideally, documents can by OCR scanned.
As a reference I had in mind:
- Microsofts’ Office Lens :
- the Open Source app: Open Note Scanner
Please let me know what you think and what elements I missed out for now.