[FEATURE PROPOSAL] Sort Results of the Apps on App-Store by Privacy Score

Hello,
i think that could be nice if we can sort the lists from a Search or the Category lists by Privacy Score results.

This could be useful for all of us (hope a lot of peoples) that care their privacy and also a good way to help the diffusion of this kind of Apps.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

1 Like

I’m going to have to say I find this a bad idea because the privacy scores aren’t really reliable. It just checks the amount of permissions, which means that for example Firefox has a worse privacy rating than Chrome and we all know that’s not really the case.

But if they do get the privacy score to be more useful I would agree to make it something that puts apps closer to the top.

3 Likes

I do agree with you: the Privacy Score should be more accurate.

Sometimes, if you look directly on Exodus Websites, happens that the results of Trakers and Permissions are different from those on App-store and is not very clear why.
But this is an issue already addressed as a Bug on Gitlab (see this Issue too)

I’m suggesting a new feature that is to have the possibility to Sort the apps on App-store by Privacy Score. It seems to me that you do agree with me that could be a good Proposal.

JUST SEE THIS FEATURE IS PRESENT AS A BUG ON GITLAB TOO :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:
MORE THAN ONE ISSUE IS PRESENT! SEE THIS ISSUE TOO

It would already be a good idea to filter on the number of known trackers. OK, there may be other (still unknown) trackers and also a lot of other bad practices. But somewhere an app store could start.

2 Likes