Feedback for v1.4

I am still stuck with 0.23.20220406176461. :slightly_frowning_face: I bought the Fairphone 3 with /e/ OS, regularly got updates until 6. April 2022 and since then it only shows that it did not find any updates “Keine neuen Aktualisierungen gefunden” (last checked 14.October 7:15). I have the German version.

There are updates, but you will have to install them manually, as they involve upgrading to a higher Android version - Android 10 / Q for stable builds, 10 / Q or 11 / R for dev builds.

Manual upgrades currently involve wiping or formatting user data, so you will either have to start from scratch and re-install your user-installed apps, or backup your data, and restore it after upgrading. This is not staroghtforward, but searching teh forum will give you some help.

stable builds can be downloaded here

dev builds can be downloaded here

1 Like

@manoj the dev comments you’ve quoted suggest there may be a misunderstanding of what happened. As indicated in my original post the app disappeared from my phone on updating to v1.4q. It was there in v1.3, I updated to v1.4 and it was gone. The disappearance was not a result of trying to update the app itself. Attempts to reinstall then failed as described where the app appears to be now marked as unsupported. I read the original post from @claudiousse to also indicate app disappearance as a direct consequence of the v1.3 to v1.4 update.

2 Likes

You are suffering from Getting an error message in new ID creation on /e/OS Gitlab?, please follow the guidance, then perhaps you can create an issue we can all read!

The developers have been updated about this as well. That some users are reporting that the update from v1.3 to v1.4 caused this uninstall

@dave Yes indeed.
@Manoj So I’ll wait for the devs to find a solution to make the IZLY application available in App Lounge again in V1.4 or to give us an explanation why it can’t be done.

@dave Oui effectivement.
@Manoj Je vais donc attendre que les dev trouvent une solution pour que l’application IZLY soit de nouveau accessible dans App Lounge en V1.4 ou qu’ils nous donnent une explication de l’impossibilité de le faire.

Hi to everyone!
After updating to 1.4-20220920220045, I am experiencing an issue with the GPS on my fairphone 3+:

when I drive around outside, tracking myself with Osmand, ca. 50% of the track is not recorded, leaving a discontinous line…
either the GPS-signal is lost or the transfer of it’s data to Osmand is broken.
the setting in the advanced privacy-section is on “real location”, double checked.
all previous versions of /e/OS worked fine…

have a good day,
markus

I think it is an issue with the 1.4 update.
I am still using the 1.3 version on a Samsung S7 and my Izly app is working properly. I still see it on the AppLounge.

Hope this helps.

Saving passwords does’t work. When will bromite be upgraded?
Browser 100.0.4896.57.
I know this is fixed in .92?

After updating to 1.4 (S9+ Q dev), when reading an e-mail in the system mail app (K9-Mail fork, build #6.303), there’s no more any direct “Reply-to” or “Reply-to-all” button (whereas you can have one for “Delete message”) ; to reach this feature, you have to navigate the hamburger menu, then “Send” (WTF ?), where you miraculously find the “Reply-to” and “Reply-to-all” entries (among other useful ones : “Forward”, “Edit as new message” … etc).

Why on earth this obviously very inconvenient change ?

That change is also in the upstream K-9 Mail app. It was made there by the K-9 developer, and /e/ will have picked it up when they got round to merging the latest changes from there into their fork.

If you wanted to ask for it to be changed, the K-9 support forum would be the place

I wasn’t pointing out the /e/-team, knowing about the fork … so, you’re right (thanks), this needs to be notified to the K9 dev team. I’ll do.
But I felt it was worth telling about it here, 'cause I’m feeling that K9-Mail is going quite bad these days with those strange and silly changes … (I really don’t like this other one : you can no more setup a new account or even see your account passwords if you didn’t set a locking method for your phone … I know that it’s for my security … but I would like that my phone don’t force me to do things that I want to decide MYSELF that I don’t need them ; just like cars beeping stronger and stronger as long as you didn’t locked your seat belt above 20 km/h … WTF ?)

1 Like

I’ve an issue with my S9+ after upgrading to 1.4. The K9-Mail wich is included in e/OS does not downloading new mails automaticaly. I had to do it manually. Did someone else has the same issue? I tried to clear cache and rebootet several times. I’ve changed the Intervall but that also did not help. With 1.3 everything was fine.

Little feedback for 1.4, I didn’t have notifications, I received them for 3 or 4 apps but none of French medias like L’Equipe, Le Monde, France Info, is it normal ?

hello
Everything working fine, even the 2 back cameras ?

2nd bck cameras support in /e/OS release 1.4 ?
thanks for the good job done par development team

On my Gigaset GS290, I see that the 2nd back camera (wide angle lens) is still not supported in that new /e/OS 1.4 release. I’m disappointed.
Is there a plan to get that feature working in the future ?

The camera has been a pain point on the /e/OS since day one. The problem is more to do with most camera software being proprietary. We use OpenCamera which has its limitations. We even contacted the developer behind the opencamera Mark, but unfortunately he did not have the bandwidth to support on multiple devices. There is an open position for a developer with camera sw expertise. While we search we do assign camera related issues to developers already in the team.

9 Likes

I had a similar problem with my oneplus7T (not all cameras supported). I solved the problem by installing google camera with oneplus7T optimizations. Maybe you can do the same?

thank you for the advice. Unfortunately, I can’t find this app either in Aurora store or in App lounge. Where did you find it ?