Feedback for v1.9

Hi

Vendor Name: Samsung
Device name: Samsung S9 SM-G960F
Device CodeName: starlte
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 1.8.1-q-20230207257879-dev-starlte
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not rooted

Just update to 1.9-q-20230312268823-dev-starlte and everything work perfectly :slight_smile:
Installation time (without the downloading phase) took like less than 3 min. Great job !!!

1 Like

It might be a device specific firmware problem related to a similar problem in stock OS:
https://forum.fairphone.com/t/random-brightness-decrease-after-a12-update/93195

Updated today, update went without problems.

• Device: Gigaset GS 290
  • /e/ OS version (earlier): 1.8, Android 10
  • rooted: not rooted.

Thanks again for the good job.

• Vendor Name - Fairphone
  • Device name - Fairphone 4
  • Device CodeName FP4
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously 1.8.1 - s
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted - not rooted

All seems to be working fine.

Vendor Name - Fairphone
Device name - Fairphone 3+
Device CodeName FP3+
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously 1.9 - s
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted - not rooted

All seems to be working fine (very fast and snappy) but mail.

Mail is closing immediately after launching. I hope a v 1.9.1 will come soon to fix mail.

Mail was working in v 1.8.1 but everything was quiet buggy and slow.

1 Like

English version bellow

Ce we j’ai refait des tentatives d’installation de la version 1.9 sur Xiaomi mi10T lite (gauguin)
tout mes essais ont abouti à des échec, le terminal reste obstinément en v 1.8.1

Est-ce qu’un autre utilisateur de ce téléphone peut me faire un retour d’expérience?
@Manoj je suis disposé à échangé directement avec le mainteneur en charge de ce modèle

Merci

English version
This weekend I redid attempts to install version 1.9 on Xiaomi mi10T lite (gauguin)
all my attempts ended in failure, the terminal remains obstinately in v 1.8.1

Can another user of this phone give me feedback?
@Manoj I am willing to exchange directly with the maintainer in charge of this model

Thank you

• Vendor Name - Oneplus
  • Device name - Oneplus 8T
  • Device CodeName - kebab
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously 1.8.1 - s
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted - rooted

All seems to be working fine. It’s my daily device so I’m thinking if there is a big issue I should be aware of.
Just for info my setup:
Launcher : Ruthless launcher
Accounts : murena.io for calendar and contacts, mailo.com for email, pcloud for picture/video storage.

• Vendor Name : Samsung

• Device name : Galaxy Note10+ SM-N975F

• Device CodeName : “d2s”

• Previous Version of /e/OS : e-1.8.1-s-20230203257074-dev-d2s

• Device Not rooted

Update via OTA

• Issue with “notes” application
    Error message : com.nextcloud.android.sso.exceptions.NoCurrentAccountSelectedException: No account selected yet
    (“mails” app works well)

• “camera” application automatically closes upon launch.

• I can’t install some applications from the applounge, “retry” status after download and install. But I think this issue was ever present with e-1.8.1

En français :

• Problème avec l’application “notes”
    Message d’erreur : com.nextcloud.android.sso.exceptions.NoCurrentAccountSelectedException: No account selected yet
    (L’application “mails” fonctionne)

• L’application “camera” se ferme automatiquement au lancement.

• Je ne peux pas installer certaines applications à partir de l’applounge : statut “retry” après le téléchargement et l’installation. Mais je pense que ce problème était déjà présent avec e-1.8.1.

Maybe try to purge cache and data from those apps, enable temporarily trackers in advanced privacy. Then reboot the device and try again.

1 Like

Thanks, I just purge cache and data for the 3 apps.
It solve issues for “notes” and “applounge”.

Camera still have the same behaviour, even without privacy settings. For the moment, I will use “open camera” which seems working well.

Vendor Name: Xiaomi
Device name: Mi 9T
Device CodeName: davinci
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 1.8.1. / 1.7 / 1.3
Is the device Not rooted

Links to my trouble reports

Camera without function Xiaomi Mi 9T - #10 by Gianna

Feedback for v1.7 - #150 by Gianna

Xiaomi MI 9T (davinci) - /e/OS-Q eRecovery mass failure

Nothing has changed since /e/OS version 1.3. All errors are still there and can be reconstructed.

I still can’t install the /e/recovery and have to use the TWRP recovery.

Still the triple cameras (wide, ultrawide, telephoto) and the motorized pop-up selfie camera are not recognized and get error messages. Also the known camera app alternatives do not work.

Side note: The Google infected PixelExperience davinci-13.0-20230221-1523-OFFICIAL ‘stable’ works flawlessly.

Please note the “previously” (if not everything else) :wink: .

Can’t confirm on my Fairphone 3 running 1.9-s-20230311268558-dev-FP3. Mail is running just fine, but I updated from 1.7-s-20230111250406-dev-FP3, not from 1.8.1.

Did you try to reboot the phone again to see whether this makes a difference?
You could also clear the Mail App’s cache in Settings - Apps - Mail - Storage and cache - Clear cache.
(Don’t clear storage there without a backup of your Mail settings and without your mails being located safely not on the phone.)

1 Like

Sorry about the previously… but I did make a feedback about 1.8.1 s dev also : it was very slow and buggy.
v 1.9 is not.
I tried to clear cache but it didn’t solve my issue. Then I installed k-9 Mail and it works just fine. Then I tried to clear cache and data of Mail. It allowed me to set it again. I worked for a while and then again it start closing immediately after launching. So I’m simply using k-9 Mail for now till further release.
With this compromise (using k-9 Mail instead of /e/ OS Mail app), v 1.9 s dev is very fast and snappy on FP3+.

2 Likes

Vendor Name: Fairphone
Device name: Fairphone 3
Device CodeName: FP3
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: /e/OS 1.7-s-20230111250406-dev-FP3
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not rooted

No issue with updating, now on 1.9-s-20230311268558-dev-FP3.
The following things work for me:

• Call / be called
  • Send SMS / receive SMS
  • Notification LED
  • Alarm
  • Internet via Wi-Fi
  • Internet via mobile network
  • Wi-Fi hotspot
    • Settings - System - microG - Self-Check: all ok, including location permissions
    • Settings - System - microG - Location modules - Mozilla Location Service: enabled, configured for using Wi-Fi and Cell
    • Settings - Advanced Privacy - Location: Exposed
    • Settings - Advanced Privacy - Manage my location: Use my real location
    • Settings - Location - Location Services - Wi-Fi scanning: enabled
    • Settings - Location - Location Services - Bluetooth scanning: disabled
    • Settings - Location - App location permissions - “Allowed only while in use”: Apps are listed
  • Compass
  • Screenshot
  • Main camera (original FP3 Camera module, not +) photo + video
  • Selfie camera (original FP3 Top module, not +) photo + video
  • USB connection to PC / MTP
  • MyPhoneExplorer 2.0
    (nightly 27.01.2023 - for sync with Betterbird instead of Thunderbird)
  • Bluetooth (music playback, data connection)
  • Exposure Notifications
    • Needed to be installed again according to documentation
    • Needed permissions again according to system notification and respective message in Settings - System - microG - Exposure Notifications
3 Likes
Vendor Name - Fairphone
Device name - Fairphone 4
Device CodeName FP4
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously 1.8.1 - s
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted - not rooted

Fine !

Thanks to the team.

• Vendor Name
  • Fairphone
  • FP4
  • /e/os 1.8
  • rooted

update took some time but worked flawlessly - pleased to see that the (not working) lense is now gone (was no problem, just annoying). camera delay with moving objects seems faster now (will check this further).
thank you for the good work! never felt so satisfied with a phone/sw-combination :wink:

thomas

• Vendor Name Samsung
  • Device name A3 (2016)
  • Device CodeName a3xelte
  • Version /e/OS previously 1.8-q-dev.
  • Device Not rooted

1.9-q-20230312268823-dev-a3xelte OTA download took longer than usual. I saw the download stop around 90% but was able to get it to resume. Actual update no issues.

Camera app (v 1.50.1) crashes on launch. As Post # 104.

Clear storage makes no difference. I did not notice the issue at first as I find Secure Camera performs better.

Edit It tuns out Secure camera takes stills but fails to take video.

In a logcat e.foundation Camera Errors start at this point.

03-20 10:59:55.956  2360  2360 I ExynosCameraInterface: INFO(HAL_camera_device_close[234]):camera(1) TORCH_MODE_STATUS_AVAILABLE_OFF
03-20 10:59:55.956  2360  2360 I ExynosCameraInterface: INFO(HAL_camera_device_close[236]): out
03-20 10:59:55.956  2360  2360 D ExynosCameraInterface: DEBUG:duration time(    5 msec):(HAL_camera_device_close)
03-20 10:59:55.956  2360  5570 V Camera2WrapperCbThread: Process: Exit Thread
03-20 10:59:55.958  2254  2254 I hwservicemanager: getTransport: Cannot find entry vendor.lineage.camera.motor@1.0::ICameraMotor/default in either framework or device manifest.
03-20 10:59:55.961  2403  2651 I CameraService: disconnect: Disconnected client for camera 1 for PID 2403
03-20 10:59:56.012  2403  2651 E CameraProviderManager: isHiddenPhysicalCameraInternal: Failed to getCameraCharacteristics for id 0
03-20 10:59:56.012  2403  2651 E CameraService: supportsCameraApi: Unknown camera ID 2
03-20 10:59:56.013  2403  2651 E CameraProviderManager: isHiddenPhysicalCameraInternal: Failed to getCameraCharacteristics for id 0
03-20 10:59:56.013  2403  2651 E CameraService: supportsCameraApi: Unknown camera ID 3
03-20 10:59:56.013  2403  2651 E CameraProviderManager: isHiddenPhysicalCameraInternal: Failed to getCameraCharacteristics for id 0
03-20 10:59:56.014  2403  2651 E CameraService: supportsCameraApi: Unknown camera ID 4
03-20 10:59:56.014  2403  2651 E CameraProviderManager: isHiddenPhysicalCameraInternal: Failed to getCameraCharacteristics for id 0

On the issue with the camera app being reported across devices…pl add your comments and logs where possible to the GitLab issue … dev team has been made aware of this issue being reported by multiple users

Hi @aibd there is already an issue on this #6761, you can add your comments under it. The testing team has closed #6782 as it is a duplicate.

Same thing on my a5xelte

Je confirme reproduire ton bug.