FP3: Apps Updater crashes

Hi,
i am using /e/OS 0.9-2020072865179, but this problem was also happening in an earlier version.

I am unable to use the APP updater.

I open “Apps”
I choose Updates
There are a view updates.
I choose update all.
Downloading starts.
After the first app, which needs an update is downloaded at 100% the App-app closes and I am back at the homescreen.

If I go to Apps -> Updates, I can start over, but the crash happens again.

So I cannot update a single app.

Any hint or tip is very welcome.

Thx

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Hi,

You could catch a log and attach it to a new issue in order to help the dev team to solve it.

I would try to solve this by clearing data of Apps (Settings > Apps & notificatoions > Apps > Storage > Clear data ; and deleting .apk files that can be in Files > hamburger button > Downloads.

That’s a basic thing but with a miracle, why not :yum:

1 Like

Hi,
thanks for your reply. Tried your solution but it did not work. I will file a report.

Hello, in case this is still occurring for you I wanted to let you know that this was happening to me as well.

Once I installed the latest update to the phone software (Aug 10, 2020 update) and restarted the phone the issue was resolved for me.

Go to Settings>System>Advanced>Updater to check that you have the latest version installed.

I bought my FP3 from /e/ if that has anything to do with anything (I’m brand new to this whole thing, please ignore if that has nothing to do with it!!)

2 Likes

Got the same issue and was also resolve with the Aug 10 update

1 Like

Hi!
I have the same problem. I use Jan 26, 2021.
Is somebody haveing a solution?

Thank you very much!

As I say almost every week, it’s a known problem.