FP3 Sept update now withdrawn

The dev channel (https://images.ecloud.global/dev/FP3/) offers a new FP3 update (0.12-2020093076095).

Just installed, smooth as ever.

Status bar preferences were partly reset (all icons now appearing on the left, battery visualization back from circle to text).

On the previous build, I could hide the network provider name. I cannot seem to do so on the current build… does anyone know how?

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Exact same situation here, it looks like this is not device-specific:

1 Like

fidelious is the exposure notification in microg?

It is not :frowning:

I’m not sure whether we will ever see it in /e/ :frowning:

yeah, I was really hopeful we’d at least have the option of updating microG via f-droid or something like that.
I’m hopeful there will be a way in the near future.

I don’t want to revert to FPOS but increasingly it seems the only way to use the track&trace apps.

2 Likes

To be honest, I reverted some days ago, although I hope there will be a chance to come back to /e/. So I have to rely on information from people like you who still have /e/ on the FP3 :wink:

Someone asked @Manoj here about the perspective of microG, hopefully we will see an answer to this soon.

1 Like

The implementation is planned for the end of October.

As I didn’t want to wait any longer, I backed up my /e/ in TWRP and then installed a Linage ROM I found here: https://forum.fairphone.com/t/rom-unofficial-lineageos-16-0-for-fp3/59849

In this ROM you can just update the pre-installed microG to include Exposure Notifications. The ROM is unofficial so far and doesn’t support OTA updates but then again, it may just a temporary solution.

You can flash it according to the instructions in the post. Worked without any problems coming from /e/.

Only thing is of course, I now have to set up the entire phone anew… To me it’s worth it.

Hi @dalas.revo I had responded under the post…the microG implementation ETA is end of October.

2 Likes

Thanks @Manoj.
Nevertheless I have to admit that I have replaced /e/ by Fairphone’s original ROM, as I rate the (little) chance to protect my colleagues, friends and my family from this disease higher. Like someone else said in another thread: for the moment I chose to reveal as few information to Google as possible by not storing much personal data on the device and configuring it as silent to Google as possible.

I’ve got a bug I’ve stumbled across, it was in the previous 0.11 build too.

Whenever I use a PWA (this forum, fairphone forum and instagram) from Firefox Beta (82) or Fennec (81) the screen goes black when I open the apo switcher (square button). The phone is responsive in that I can press it again or go to the launcher.

Does anyone have a similar issue or can replicate it?

edit: I’m unsure if this is a firefox thing or an /e/ thing.

The Sept update was withdrawn from the ‘dev’ channel it seems

(Unfortunately I cannot edit this thread’s topic or first post any longer :upside_down_face:)