Get "inaccurate performance counters" when I start easy-installer

I installed the easy-installer snap on linux mint 20.2 Cinnamon, but when I want to start it, I get the following message …

si_init_perfcounters: max_sh_per_se = 2 not supported (inaccurate performance counters)
X Error:  BadAlloc
  Request Major code 149 ()
  Request Minor code 2
  Error Serial #39
  Current Serial #40

Sudo does not work either.

I’m pretty sure, that the problem is snap and my grafic card, but maybe somebody has an idea, what to do.
When I google this topic I only find some other snaps, like games and issues with an AMD grafic card (AMD/ATI Renoir), but no real solutions.

Maybe there is another way to use the installer … flatpack, deb or something else?

thanks for your help
Markus

CPU: Quad Core AMD Ryzen 3 PRO 4350G with Radeon Graphics (-MT MCP-) speed/min/max: 1397/1400/3800 MHz 
Kernel: 5.13.0-22-generic x86_64 Up: 13m Mem: 2271.1/15409.9 MiB (14.7%) Storage: 476.94 GiB (8.7% used)

Hi @netfly welcome to the /e/ forum.

You could try to build from source.
https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/tools/easy-installer

I have no experience of that graphics card or this sort of error but my search would tend to agree with

some other snaps, like games and issues with an AMD grafic card (AMD/ATI Renoir), but no real solutions.

1 Like

I give it a try … thnx

I think it would be good to open an issue in the bugtracker at Issues · e · GitLab

Reading e.g. Some snap apps no longer starting up on amd laptop - snapd - snapcraft.io to me sounds a bit like the snap needs to be rebuild with newer base snaps.

Build with gradle worked … but now I have another issue. But thanks for your help

1 Like