Gigaset GS290 - Where to extract the files?

Hello /e/ friends,

after having bought an S7 edge from the /e/ shop a while ago, I now want to go the next step and learn how to do it myself. So I bought a GS290 and I am preparing to bring /e/ onto it (manual way, not Easy Installer – on Ubuntu).

It’s my 2nd flashing experience only (first was different via Odin on an S4 mini) so I try to follow steps in the documentation very carefully. (https://doc.e.foundation/devices/GS290/install)

I have a maybe stupid) question:

The documentation states: „Download and extract the /e/ ROM“
Do the extracted files need to be in a specific folder? (my guess would be that its in platform tools)

Thanks for your help!

Hello,

It’s not a stupid questions, it should be part of /e/ documentation … :wink:

If you extract files to the same folder where fastboot.exe is, you won’t have to specify their path and use commands as instructed.

If you extract files elsewhere you’ll have so specify their path, i.e. for Windows :

fastboot flash recovery "D:\My Downloads\GS290\recovery.img"
1 Like

Thanks a lot @smu44! I am always happy if my question was not as stupid as I thought it might sound for a pro :sweat_smile:

@Manoj I saw you changed the category to “Easy installer”. Just to avoid confusion: My question was NOT related to the Easy installer but to the manual flash procedure.

1 Like