Google Apps removal from Xiaomi Redmi 4X

I recently installed the /e/ O/S successfully on my Xiaomi Redmi 4X, however I noticed that there was Google Apps and Maps also installed.
I was under the impression that the /e/ foundation was/is Google free.
I have tried to uninstall these 2 apps, but to no avail … is there a method to removing Google related apps??
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Demas

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

I also own a Redmi 4X as testing device, never seen a Google app on it …

Could you please :

• try to reboot phone without SIM and SDCard
  • provide us with the source link of the ROM you installed
  • for each Google app, go to Settings/Apps/…/Advanced, and post back the full app name (ie com.google.apps)

I have seen something like this when I flashed /e/ on a Sony device running the stock firmware without formatting the data partition. There were all sorts of Sony & Google proprietary apps still visible in the Bliss Launcher. Very few of them worked, and they went away when I did a clean install.

Greetings … Must apologize … I did some research on the microG and found it is a replacement for Google file(s), hence the Google Play Store, etc.

The ROM I installed: /e/OS 0.14-2021012698470 Android 9 Jan 21,2021 .

I’ve been around the 'net since the late '70’s – early 80’s and always seem to learn something new :sunglasses: .

Thanks to all for the advice and directions.

Demas H.

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

In fact /e/ could be confusing for new users : it’s Google-free, but concurrently everything is designed to be like Google apps :wink: