GS290 easy-installer stops

It’s perfectly valid on windows to type a program name with or without .exe.

Okay, but why fastboot without .exe and then fastboot with .exe immediately afterwards?

What do you care? It doesn’t matter. IIRC the .exe suffix will be added if you use autocompletion, but if you manually type it I’d assume you rather leave it out. Then again, it doesn’t make a difference. :man_shrugging:

Why are you interested?
I’m interested in a better understanding because I cannot follow the logic.
Just because you know and understand everything, doesn’t mean I can. I’m not a coder.

Because you said “fastboot.exe” isn’t valid. And that is just not true.

I’m not omniscient. I make mistakes. I can live with that, even if I prefer not to make mistakes.

In meinem Fall stoppt der Easy-Installer auch bei dem Punkt “Das Gerät in den Bootloader-modus neu starten”. In einer schwarzen Box kommt zusätzlich in einer Endlos-Scheife die Meldung “[Thread-75] DEBUG ecorp.easy.installer.models.Comand”. Sehr ärgerlich, da ich als IT-Laie ein neues GS 290 erworben habe, mit der Absicht, /e/ OS aufzuspielen und ich darauf vertraut habe, dass der Easy Installer auch wirklich funktioniert :hot_face:

in English: The “Easy” Installer stops at the point “restart the device in bootloader mode” In a black box in a loop ther comes the message " “[Thread-75] DEBUG ecorp.easy.installer.models.Comand”. Im quite fed up with this since I bought a GS 290 for implementing /e/ OS. I am no IT expert but I thought “Easy Installer” surely means “easy”…

Hi, @Dontworry, can we just rule out one thing first. Are you familiar with the bootloader mechanism on this device?

If not, I suggest, leave aside Easy Installer for a moment, disconnect your GS290.
Power off.
The instruction reach the bootloader is

Volume up + Power

It might be a few seconds, then you can follow on screen instructions to reach Fastboot mode, Recovery mode. or reboot back to system. Sorry if you know this already!

Easy Installer does all the heavy lifting. I don’t know, but the point you are sticking at might be where Easy Installer needs your participation?

@ aibd:
At which point of the process the Fastboot mode hast to be startet? Before starting the “Easy” Installer or at the point I described above? When I start It before executing the “Easy” Installer, it happens nothing.

Currently I have an additional problem: I deinstalled the “Easy” installer and try to install it again. But when trying to download the “Easy” installer again, there always comes the message:

"# Forbidden

You don’t have permission to access this resource.

Apache/2.4.38 (Debian) Server at images.ecloud.global Port 80"

@Dontworry two things: which operating system does your computer run?
And could you upload the log file of the previous (failed) attempt? Where to find the file is described in Howto troubleshoot issues with the easy-installer

Concerning the download failure, I keep this bookmarked! Status .ecloud.global. The servers are reported up atm. Perhaps keep trying, then report on a new thread if Easy Installer cannot be downloaded.

I do not have GS290 or an Easy Installer supported phone, so cannot answer the detail you ask. My point was just that you should be familiar with the bootloader mechanism, so that you would recognise a prompt where your reaction was required, or that you would more easily spot the point you are getting stuck.

@ Ingo_FP_Angel
I use Windows 10.
I downloaded and implemented “Easy” Installer again. When coming to the “fastboot section” of the “Easy” Installer, I plugged the phone off, restarted it in fastboot mode (power + vol.up) and connected again: no effect, the “Easy” Installer shows no progress.
I tried to find the logfile, but the path in the description/link you mentioned is too unspecific. My system can’t find the location. Can you name the specific directory?

Ah, you are on Windows 10 and the “fastboot step” doesn’t work as expected.
That is typically caused by missing drivers in windows.
Here is a howto for installing them: [HOWTO] Fairphone 3/3+ stuck in fastboot/bootloader mode with the Easy Installer on Windows

The location for the log file is in the user’s profile directory so it’s different for different people. %LOCALAPPDATA% works for every user name and windows version (and can be entered into the location bar of the file manager).

Assuming you Windows account name is also “dontworry”, the location on Windows 10 will be

C:\Users\dontworry\AppData\Local\easy-installer

Yes, you are right. I looked at systems/settings / optional updates again and the system shows now Mediatek drivers to install. After installing the drivers, the Easy Installer runs through smoothly. I guess that for Win10 it takes a while until the system realizes that drivers are missing. Thank you for your support.

1 Like

Hi, no.
If u want to have a locked bootloader u need to install e with easy installer.
KR

Yes. No warning & delay during boot.

Don’t do it manually.

Why not? The easy-installer just issues the same commands from the install instructions one would do manually.

Of course, locking the bootloader will wipe the data (both with installer as well as manual install).