GS290 now a brick after running through /e/ easy installer

Hi,

Thought I better update this thread, I bought another GS290 direct from Germany. The phone arrived with Android 9 pre-installed, I had to perform an over the air update to get to android 10 and then apply the subsequent updates. I was then able to easily install /e with the easy-installer on my normal fedora system. I believe all issues above resulted from my not paying proper attention to the Android version the first phone arrived with, so nothing wrong with any of the /e software, simple user error. I was the problem.

1 Like

Good to hear that her GS290 now works with /e/.
I bought a GS290 a half year ago on Bol.com and install /e/ with the e-installer on Ubuntu 20.04.
With windows 10 the installer stopped on my laptop.

But does she also have an echo when she is calling and get a black screen when you wanna enter some numbers on a phone call? (problems with my phone)

Both of the GS290s I have are working great with /e I’ve not made many calls but call quality seems good, the only issue so far was with the default mail client not being able to save mail attachments, not fixed that yet but I’ve installed an alternate client which seems to work fine